Part Five

Liam was out for a run in the early morning breeze. His inner wolf was going crazy, so he decided to take a route that went through the woods so that he could be free for a while. His mind took him back to the multiple times Theo had saved his life. At this point, he had no idea what to think of him. He knew the pack never trusted him because of his deal with the Dread Doctors but Liam couldn't help thinking that there was a chance for him.

Liam was often like this. He liked to try and understand people so that he could see the best in them. His best example of someone he had found hope in was himself. He saw himself as a monster but soon realised that because of what he is, instead of taking lives, he could save them. Thanks to Scott.
Liam smiled fondly at the memory and carried on running through the woods. 

Liam stumbled across an old black Cadillac on his way through the woods. He stopped running and cautiously stepped around it, looking for traps. He only did this because he knew that the pack had been 'caught' like this before.

Once he had determined that the car was clear of traps, he peered through the smashed window and found a sleeping boy curled up in the backseats of the car. Liam silently opened the truck door and sat in the drivers seat, the car key on his lap. He took a moment to look at the key rings that were attached to the key.

There was one that stood out to Liam. It was a gold circle, and engraved on it was the letters 'T & T". Liam could not understand where or who he had heard this from before.

So, to his own surprise, he looked in the back seats of the car and carefully, using his claws, peeled the thin blanket back. This boy must be freezing, Liam thought. He shivered at the sight in front of him.

He quickly realised that this truck belonged to none other than the infamous Theo Raeken, both 'psychopathic and murderous'. That's what Stiles had said. Liam sighed. Theo looked cold, really cold. He knew he couldn't leave him out here. After all, Liam was the one who let him out of hell.

Reluctantly, Liam began to drive himself, Theo, and the truck back to his apartment in the centre of Beacon Hills. He knew it was a better option for Theo, and even though he was a Chimera, Liam couldn't help feeling as though he could catch hypothermia and die or something.
Liam drove along the motorway, a slight eye roll coming from him as he realised his morning run had been cut short. Just as Liam was turning into his road, a piercing scream made him jump and swerve into the side of a fence.

He looked at his bleeding leg and sighed, carefully pulling it from the metal and wincing as he tried to reposition his leg. Theo was sitting upright and alert, his breathing unsteady.

Of course, Liam was worried.

He turned the engine off and changed his position in the seat slowly, so that he had enough room for his leg to heal and so that he could clearly see Theo.

"What are you doing in my car? Get out! You need to leave!" Theo was gushing, sweat dripping off his forehead as he looked around the car quickly.

Liam unintentionally grabbed Theo's hand, trying to calm him down as quickly as possible. They were shaking like mad.
"Calm down," Liam replied, his leg beginning to heal. "I'm taking you to my place so that you can crash there for a while, if isn't safe to sleep in a car," he said.

Theo looked at him with a quizzical expression on his face. He pulled his hand away from Liam, just as Liam accidentally began taking his pain, even though he wasn't physically hurt. Liam furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at his wrist, but Theo just replied with a shrug.

Theo climbed into the front seat beside Liam as he wrapped the seatbelt over him. Liam started the car again, now that his leg had fully healed. "Do you want to talk about it?" Liam asked, quietly, the sympathy laced through his voice. Theo shook his head slowly and Liam nodded understandingly.

As they were driving towards Liam's apartment in a comfortable kind of silence, Theo whispered, "Why are you doing this for me?" Liam noticed that Theo's hands had begun shaking again, so he chose his next words kindly.
"I'm doing it because I believe everyone has a second chance. Even you, Theo." Liam replied truthfully, his heartbeat not quickening or skipping a beat.

They pulled up to his house and Theo grabbed the blankets and his backpack. Liam put the car keys in his running shorts pocket as he led Theo to his room.

"The shower is down the hallway on the left. Leave your clothes outside the door and I'll collect and wash them for you," Liam said. Theo nodded stiffly and walked toward the bathroom, still confused. Liam grabbed the clothes and the blankets from the outside of the bathroom door and chucked them into the washing machine. He giggled to himself as e heard Theo singing. He walked away and quickly prepared a spaghetti dish, remembering what Theo had said some time ago.
Flashback!

Theo and Liam were in one of the hospitals MANY elevators. They were about to fight the ghost riders, and they both secretly knew that there was a big chance they wouldn't make it through the fight this time.
Theo smiled warmly at Liam, for a mutual friendship had been made between the two. Liam returned it with a small smile, and he was about to open the elevator doors. Theo stopped him, putting his hand over Liam's.

"If we make it through this, you can thank me for saving your ass by making me spaghetti!"

——————————

Smiling, Liam set the meal at the table and nodded warmly as Theo walked into the room, wearing some of Liam's clothes that he had put on his bed.

"Welcome to your new home," Liam said, taking a quick selfie of the two of them. He laughed quietly at the photo and offered Theo a seat, whilst he posted the selfie to his Instagram.

 He laughed quietly at the photo and offered Theo a seat, whilst he posted the selfie to his Instagram

@LiamDumbass: Say hey to my new roommate
Tagged: @TheoR

OhHaleNah, CoraHale, AlphaTwin1 and 397 others liked this post.

Scooteryyy: The fuck. Pack meeting, now.
LiamDumbass: Who are you? My boss?
Scooteryyy: No, I'm your alpha! @LiamDumbass
LiamDumbass: Whoopdy doo! @Scooteryyy
Lyds: Are you sure that's safe?
LiamDumbass: I'm sure. @Lyds
TheoR: Thanks man :)
IHaveABat: Your username really describes you right now.
AlphaTwin1: Thiam?
IsaacLahey: Thiam.
Comments have been limited by @LiamDumbass

Back in reality, the pair of them were eating their meals happily, conversing.

Theo was instantly laughing when Liam joked, which made him feel a little weird. He hadn't been this happy since before he killed his sister, Tara. At the thought of her, Theo shook his head and pushed the memory to the back of his head.

Surprisingly, the two of them had a lot in common. Liam determined that he liked Theo's company.

Pack Chat:

Scott: Liam what the flaming hell
Derek: Calm down, they could be friends?!
Stiles: No! Theo isn't allowed to be his "friend"
Mamalia: He ain't gonna answer
SkinWalker: Agreed
Isaac: THIAM THIAM THIAM
Scott: No Thiam.
Pup read at 20:11