Part 52

Hope sighed, laying on the grass that was situated under the Beacon Hills sign. She had Theo's phone beside her ear, and she couldn't stop thinking about the chimera. She missed him so much, and she willed for him to be okay. She couldn't lose anyone else. 

Liam, on the other side of the phone, heard the girl sigh and a pout made it's way to his face. "You okay, sweetie?" He asked gently, as Derek neared their destination.

"I'm okay!" She said, replying in the happiest voice that she could fake. Hope didn't want to seem so sad when they hadn't even met yet.

----------------------------------------------------------

Derek stopped the car, opposite the 'Welcome to Beacon Hills' sign. They looked around it, and Lydia pointed at a shadow laid underneath the metal. 

Liam nodded and whispered, "I'll go get her." 

Derek and Lydia only nodded, watching Liam sheepishly walk over to the figure.

Hope's head snapped upwards as she heard the crunching of grass nearing her, and her eyes involuntarily glowed a beautiful, metallic blue. Liam stopped in his tracks, shocked by the sudden turn of events.

"Hope? Hey, hun, it's only me, it's Liam. You talked to me on the phone, yeah..?" Liam spoke in a quiet voice, and the bright blue eyes eventually faded away to show a dull green colour, a colour in which had once been filled with happiness.

"Sorry," She muttered, and the light from the screen of the phone shone on Hope's face, giving Liam the opportunity to take a look at her.

The first thing that Liam could notice was that she was scared. Her face gave her emotions away ever so easily. The young girl's expression made her look much older than she actually was, and her hair was messy and knotted.

Liam nodded, sitting beside her. "It's okay."

"Are you like Theo?" She asked, almost silently. If Liam wasn't a werewolf he wouldn't have heard the question.

"Kind of. My best friend, Scott, bit me." Liam paused for a second, looking at Hope's face. She seemed happier now that they were talking about Theo. "I guess we're both supernatural, so we're similar in a way..?" The phrase came out as more of a question, but Hope seemed to understand. 

"T... he told me I could trust you. Can I?" 

"Of course you can, sweetheart." 

Both Liam and Hope had seemingly forgotten about the two older pack members, who were chatting amongst themselves in the car, their feelings only growing stronger.

Liam and Hope talked together for what seemed like hours, and Hope was beginning to feel a weird sense of de ja vu. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Around an hour and a half later, Liam took Hope's small hand in his own and lead her bag to the car, the both of them carrying a small smile on their faces. "Listen," Liam started, crouching down to the girl's height. "Theo and I's best friends are in this car, you'll love them." 

"But what if they don't like me?" Hope had never felt so nervous in her entire life.

"They will like you, I promise." 

Hope only nodded in response, and Liam opened the door and ushered her into the front seat, pulling himself into the back, beside Lydia. 

As they drove off, Hope was quick to introduce herself to both Lydia and Derek. They smiled and got to know each other some more, and Derek had a big feeling that the pack would love her sassy, confident self. 

Derek seemed to talk to Hope the most, feeling a sense of pride as she spoke to him openly. He thought that they would become very close. 

------------------------------------------------------

Liam didn't talk that much. He was too busy, stuck in his own thoughts, to contribute to the ongoing conversation.

For the first time in 3 weeks, Liam was upset about Theo. All the feelings that he had locked away resurfaced the more he heard Hope talk. Knowing that Theo had spent his time with her made it all even harder.

He vowed to himself that he would find the chimera, no matter what it takes. And he'd force the pack to help, too.

Together, they could manage. Together, they could find the love of Liam's life.

Because, when love is concerned, anything is possible.