Part 13

The pack's gaze was on Liam as he walked towards the door that was keeping him and Theo apart. No one had the heart to stop him.

Actually, someone did. Derek came out of the room, making sure to be quick to close the door behind him. Liam sighed in frustration as a hand touched his chest, and he was no longer able to walk forward.

Derek simply looked down at Liam, pity in his eyes. He shook his head before looking down at his shoes, gently placing his hands on Liam's shoulders and guiding him to a seat in the waiting area.

Everyone seemed to be in their own little world, and so Derek had to clear his throat to get their attention. They all looked up in a matter of seconds, Liam had never seen the pack move as a whole so quickly.

"So, uh. He's not doing so great.." Derek mumbled towards the floor. The humans were only just able to catch what he was saying because he was speaking so quietly, but the werewolves in the pack heard him crystal clear. Liam shook his head and stood up, facing Derek.

"No, stop. Theo knows that none of you like him, and I don't think he would want you to know. Derek, Lydia, you can both stay, but the rest of you can go. I don't think Theo would want you to be here when he wakes up." Liam's voice cracked, he was on the verge of crying again. He didn't let the tears fall, though. He had to be strong.

The pack nodded, understanding. They weren't going to argue, Liam was right. None of them were particularly happy that Theo had been hanging out with them recently. All except Derek and Lydia, they seemed like the only true members of the pack to welcome someone with open arms, no matter what their past was like. Liam was so grateful for the two of them.

But then, as the rest of the pack were filing out of the door, Malia turned around, waiting until the rest of the members werw out of earshot. "If, he wakes up. If." She repeated, a smirk on her face. It chucked Liam off the edge.

It all happened too quickly to process. It took Liam no time to realise what she was saying. He growled, his golden eyes taking over his usual ocean ones. He pounced on Malia like a cat, knocking her to the ground. He had no control over his wolf anymore.

"He's going to make it!" Liam said through his teeth, his fist connecting with Malia's face. It's not like she wouldn't heal anyway, so it didn't matter. "I'm fed up of you and Stiles talking shit about Theo!" Another punch to the face, and Malia had to spit blood out of her mouth so that she didn't choke on it. Liam was unaware of the arrival of the pack members, although they didn't;t do anything. They just stood there, wanting to know what Liam had to say.

"You.. don't know.. him!" Liam growled again, this time grabbing Malia's hair and slamming her head into the ground. She let out a loud groan as she tried to fight back, but she had to keep her coyote at bay, and so she just let it happen. "He's changed! He's different now!" He said, aiming for another punch but he somehow managed to scare himself when two pairs of hands pulled him off of Malia.

It took Liam all of 10 minutes to realise what just happened. He was calmer now, his hair was messy. He looked at Malia who was still layed on the floor, in too much pain to move at the moment. The rest of the pack just looked at him disapprovingly, again, except for Derek and Lydia. They understood, they knew.

"I'm sorry Mal... I'm sorry.." (slight tdc reference there but ok) He trailed off as he was dragged away by Derek, probably to somewhere where he could calm down and cry. Where he could cry.

He didn't want to say anything, he didn't need to. He just sat there in Derek's arms, his eyes not failing to produce tears. Lydia was in the room shortly after, and the two older pack members just sat there and comforted him.

----------------------------------------------------

a/n

oops

so like, lydia and derek are theo & liam's closest friends at the moment because they all trust each other. they are basically each others best friends, so there will be a lot of them four together, if theo wakes up. i know i said that in an earlier chapter, the pack as a whole were beginning to warm up to theo, but after he disappeared again, so did their trust. they just don't want their baby beta to end up getting hurt.

ALSO BEFORE YOU ATTACK ME

I LOVE MALIA WITH MY WHOLE HEART

the only reason she is a bitch in this book at the moment is because she seems like the most outgoing person in the pack who is not afraid to show how she feels, thats all

longest chapter, hope this cleared some stuff up