Part 22

Theo didn't know where to go. He was violently wiping his cheeks every few seconds as he ran through the night. He was an idiot to think that someone could love him the way that he loved people. The way that he loved Liam. 

He found himself at Derek's loft, he didn't want to go in. Stiles would probably be there and now he realised that no one cared about him. Stiles would probably shoot Theo with a yellow wolfsbane bullet if he could.

And so, instead of just walking in without knocking, like he usually did, Theo just sat on the wooden stairs, unable to control the tears falling down his face.  

-------------------------------

It took Derek 45 minutes to realise that there was someone outside. He mentally cursed at himself and told Lydia to wait in the living room. Stiles had gone to visit his dad at the station.

He opened the door hesitantly, not really in the mood to have to deal with another supernatural threat or pack. 

The sight brought tears to his eyes before he could stop it from happening. The figure in front of him was soon blurred from his teary eyes, but he could have smelt the sadness and the anger from miles away. This person had a certain scent that Derek could recognise almost straight away. His best friend, his closest ally. Theodore Raeken.

"D-Derek?" The voice came from the shadows, volume barely above a whisper. Derek nodded in response, finally blinking away the tears. However, the tears were a very different story for Theo.

"Hey, Theo..?" Derek worked up the courage to take a seat next to the young, broken chimera. "Can you tell me what happened?" He asked again, after getting no response.

"H-he hates me.. j-just like everyone else..." Theo muttered, pulling Derek into him for a hug that they both needed. Theo was crying into Derek's shirt now, but Derek didn't mind.

Theo was shivering, and so Derek pulled the younger boy up. "Hey, let's go inside, okay? We can talk about it inside?" All Theo did was nod in response, but his feet refused to move him. He didn't deserve a warm place to sit. Sensing that he was in his own thoughts, Derek picked the fragile boy up and took him inside, placing him next to Lydia and asking her to be gentle with him. Of course, Lydia nodded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time Theo had snapped out of it, Derek had made him a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows on the top, just how the chimera liked it. Theo didn't drink it, though.

He looked around him, realising he was inside, and next to Lydia. "Fuck off, Lydia. Don't act like you care." He scoffed, trying to act strong, but his voice cracked and his eyes teared up all over again. Lydia was startled, but retreated to the other couch.

Derek took her place beside Theo and wrapped a blanket around his shoulders, to which Theo gratefully took and held. He frowned as he looked up at Lydia. "You hate me, don't you? He told me no one cared about me. Only Derek cared. Not even him." The broken boy's heart was beating at around 1000 times a second, and Derek took pity on him.

Lydia shook her head. "Theo, no. I could never hate you. You have done some terrible things but you don't deserve to be treated the way you have been by the people around you, okay? You're like a little brother to me and I don't know where I would be without you. We love you, Theo." 

Derek nodded, agreeing with her little speech. 

"I wouldn't be surprised if he lied again. He lied about liking me, so he could have done it again, I guess." Theo mumbled, more to himself than anyone else, as if he was only just realising that Liam lied about Lydia not caring for him. Because she did. Unless she was lying too. 

Theo didn't know who he could trust anymore. The only person he could name at the minute was Derek. The big, broody Derek Hale. Theo loved him, though.

"Who, Theo? Who lied to you?" Lydia asked in a sympathetic voice moving so that she could comfort him with Derek. The two older friends sat either side of the chimera. 

Tears spilled down his cheeks at just the thought of his name.

"Liam. Liam did." 

-----------------------------------------

a/n

why is Lydia always right tho

so the wasp went btw :)) 

aLSO AFTER THIS 'FIGHT' THIAM WILL BE HAPPY

maybe