Part 26

They had fallen asleep at some point last night, and Liam couldn't remember when.

What he could remember, though, was hearing the sound of ragged breathing and small pleads that he was woken up to. He was confused at first, until he realised that it was Theo.

The sight in front of him broke his heart into tiny fragments. Theo was laid on the bed, twisting and turning, tears falling down his cheeks.

"Liam, no, please.." 

Liam shook Theo's shoulders, desperate for him to wake up. There was no response, and Theo continued to thrash around, unaware of what he was doing.

"I-I... I thought you l-loved me..." Theo was whispering now, the tears from his eyes not failing to drench the pillows that his head was rested on. 

"I do, T, I do." Liam said, shaking him harder, trying his hardest to snap his lover out of whatever he was going through. 

Theo was screaming at this point, and Liam's eyes were watering from seeing his best friend, his lover, in so much pain.

"Derek!" Liam shouted, and Derek was in the door way in no time at all, asking Liam what had happened. 

"H-he just s-started screaming a-and he won't w-wake up!" Tears fell down Liam's face and Derek nodded, and then asked him to go and talk to Lydia whilst he dealt with the chimera wo refused to wake up.

Liam protested for a second but Derek gave him a hard stare. That snapped Liam out of as he retreated, obeying Derek and going to talk to Lydia, trying to block out the screams that could be heard from the bedroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Theo? It's Derek. You're safe here, just wake up." 

No response, and Theo continued to scream.

"Theo, come on!" Derek was shouting now, too, as he tried his best to hold the chimera down on the bed to stop him from thrashing.

"Liam.. p-please don't..." Theo had stopped crying and screaming, now, his voice barely above a whisper. He was obviously terrified.

"NO!" Theo yelled, and as if he had triggered his werewolf, his fangs appeared in his mouth and his claws protruded from his fingers. His hands were going while, and he scratched Derek's chest, causing the older wolf to wince and let go of the boy.

Theo continued to rip things up, and the room quickly became wrecked.

There were rips all over Derek's vest, but he didn't mind. He just wanted to make sure Theo was safe.

At some point, Liam and Lydia appeared in the doorway, wanting to help, but Derek shook his head and ushered them away, telling them that he could handle it on his own. It was a lie, but all Derek wanted to do was keep them all safe, and he wouldn't let them get hurt by his best friend.

------------------------------------------------------

To say that it made Lydia and Liam worry would be an understatement. They were a scared as they had been when Theo was comatose, because for all they knew, Derek and Theo could end up sub-consciously killing each other.

They stayed in the living room, Liam asking Lydia questions about the pack, since he hadn't seen them in a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It took a while, but Theo eventually calmed down. The room was trashed, Derek was covered in blood.

The mattress was pretty much falling apart, and somehow, Theo's hands were also covered in blood. Probably Derek's, for that matter.

Theo had suddenly gone limp, as though he had been shot dead. Derek was grateful for the sudden pause in all of the chaos, it would give him time for his chest, face and arms to heal.

He wasn't sure what to do about the room, though. It surprised him, because Derek always knew what to do. If this was anyone else, he probably would have knocked them out, but this was Theo. His little brother.

-------------------------------------------

It took 3 hours for Theo to wake up. All of the other three were worried that he's gone under again, and they weren't sure whether they'd be able to make it through another period of time without their chimera, their best friend.

Derek hadn't let Lydia or Liam into the room, and even though he hadn't healed yet, he tidied up the room he best he could.

He swept the floor, making sure there wasn't any glass that people could hurt themselves on, fixed the shelves that had fallen, made sure the room looked as normal as possible. He then grabbed a blanket and placed it over the now-shivering young boy that laid in the middle of the bed. 

------------------------------------------------

He heard a collective gasp when he walked into the living room. Lydia and Liam rushed up to him, asking if he was okay, hugging him.

Derek winced as Lydia traced a bleeding cut that had been placed on his cheekbone by Theo. Lydia muttered a sorry and pulled away.

They decided to watch a movie, and give Derek time to heal since it would probably take a while.

---------------------------------------------------

Theo woke up alone.

------------------------------------------------------

a/n

lowkey wrote this in starbucks, uhm no I'm not addicted to coffee..

maybe I am

BUT ANYWAY

derek is such a bean and I love him and he deserved more and he uGHH

im sorry this is sad, I was listening to sad songs whilst drinking my coffee 

but the next chapter will contain lots of fluffy thiam, and soFT DEREK

be excited