Part 47

Liam was happy again. 

It had been a day since the pack meeting at Scott's house, and now here he was, crashing at Derek's. Liam still believed that he had won the race, though.

He walked into Derek's room at 9 in the morning, giggling. He then brought two pillows out from behind of his back and smashed them onto Derek's face. "WAKE UP BITCH, I'M HUNGRY!" He practically shouted, making the older wolf's eyes glow as he growled.

"Damn Der, calm down." 

"Fuck you." The voice sounded low and tired, which made Liam laugh.

"I think I'm sensing some dejavu here?" Liam asked, a smile still plastered on his face as he remembered yesterday's events, when Derek had slapped him awake in his room.

"I'll say it again; fuck you." Derek said as he sat up, his hair messy as he rubbed his eyes. 

"Karma's a bitch, right?" 

Derek only mumbled to himself in response. 

Liam stood up, full of energy. "Now get up, you're taking me to get pancakes."

"Since when?" Derek asked, a confused look on his face.

"Since now."

---------------------------------------------

It took Derek a while to get ready. Liam was starting to think that he had magically developed scoliosis. Or maybe he had just straight up dropped dead. The beta wasn't sure, but he couldn't be bothered to check, either.

He was imagining all the different possible scenarios when Derek walked out, his hair still not done and a pair of black sweatpants thrown on to his bottom half.

"Give me my shirt back," Derek grumbled, shirtless in the hallway. 

"It's at mineeee!" Liam sang happily, earning a small groan from Derek, who later laughed a little at Liam's child-like behaviour. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

After walking away, Derek came back with a white tank top on and a denim jacket over it. "Hurry up then, lets go," He said, swinging his keys around on his fingers.

Liam quickly got up and followed him out of the door before it was too late and Derek changed his mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived at the pancake house, derek was surprised to see Lydia sat at a table, on her own. 

Little did he know, Liam had texted her and asked her to meet them there, because he wanted them three to have a quick catch up.

"Lydia?" The older wolf asked, taking a seat opposite her as he squinted.

"Oh hey!" The female replied, a bright smile across her face, although it was quickly replaced by a look of disgust. "The fuck are you wearing?" She asked.

"Well,  our lovely Liam here decided to wake me up at nine in the morning, so you can blame him." They both chuckled as Liam sat between them. 

They all talked for a few minutes, before the waitress came over. She asked for our orders and began to mildly flirt with Derek, and his two best friends seemed to notice his discomfort. Lydia eyes the woman up before sighing, knowing that this action would just make her feelings a lot stronger than they already were.

Quickly, before she changed her mind, the banshee scooted over to the seat opposite Liam and beside Derek. She pecked his cheek which made them both blush, but neither one of them noticed. She cuddled up to Derek as she played with his hair. "What ya gonna order, babe?" 

The waitress heard what Lydia said and flushed, clearly embarrassed. Derek cleared his throat and said, "Uh, the strawberry and sugar batch, please." The waitress nodded and scrambled off.

Once she was out of sight, Lydia giggled and moved away, back to her original seat. It panged at Derek's heart but he decided to say nothing. 

"Nice job," Derek said as they all laughed. 

Their pancakes came twenty minutes later, although they ended up staying in the small shop for two hours.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Two and a half hours later, the three of them were clambering into Derek's Camaro, heading to the mall. 

That was until Liam received a phone call.