Part 49

Hope waited 45 minutes before she even thought about moving. Her legs began to ache and her eyes felt heavy as the sky got darker. She wasn't scared, though. She had been through too much to be scared of the dark.

-------------------------------------------------

(for my readers who aren't familiar with the originals, I still love you) 

Hope was born in New Orleans. She wasn't supposed to have been born, though. Many people called her a miracle. She was born to Hayley Marshall, an extremely well-known alpha of the Crescent Pack, and Klaus Mikaelson, the first hybrid.

Her mother was kind, sensitive and caring when she was just a wolf. After she was made a hybrid, though, she was more willing to fight for her daughter's survival.

Klaus Mikaelson was the definition of a nightmare. His family used to control New Orleans but they had to leave due to their father, an immortal who had spent his life hunting the rest of the Mikaelson siblings. Because he was a vampire, Hope was born as a hybrid; a werewolf and a vampire.

At first, Klaus wanted nothing to do with the child, but it was clear to see that he was getting more and more fond of her. After she was born, Klaus became selfless, happy. He even found himself loving someone. Her name was Camille, though she was eventually killed by Klaus'  phsyco ex-girlfriend. 

Hope was named after the words of her uncle, Elijah. He was the eldest brother of the family.

"What results did you expect? That your child would be born into a happy life? That the mother would be alive, to know her daughter? That we could live and thrive as though we're some sort of family?" 

"That was your fantasy brother, not mine."

"No, brother! This was our hope, this was our family's hope." 

These were the words that changed Klaus Mikaelson.

As the first ever vampires to exist, the family faced many challenged together, and after Hope was born, they would do anything to protect their daughter, their niece. As siblings, they often had very different opinions on how things should be run and such.

Hope grew older, and when she was 5, she was possessed by what people called The Hollow. It was an ancient spirit that used powerful people as a body for itself, so that it could continue to live. Since Hope was the only child hybrid to exist, she was chosen.

This event caused many hardships for the family, and they ended up having to leave in separate directions from each other, making sure they were never to see each other again if they wanted to keep safe. And so, Hope was sent to the Salvatore school, where Klaus' love interest, Caroline, was in charge.

When the family had to split up, her uncle Elijah wanted to have his memory erased because he knew that he would try and help Klaus when he went over the edge. 6 months later, he had forgotten about his relationship with Hayley and was in a new one.

Long story short, Elijah and Klaus were sent to a certain place to either kill or save Hayley when she was taken by an incredibly powerful vampire. 

Elijah had no memory of Hayley and only wanted to protect his current girlfriend, and so whilst he held Klaus down, his girlfriend's sister threw both herself and Hayley out of the door, causing them to burn in the daylight.

A year later, Hope returned home just before her seventh birthday. She missed her mum terribly, but she had a wonderful 7th birthday party with the rest of her family. 

12 days later, a new threat emerged, resulting in the family breaking apart once more. This time, to save Hope, they couldn't beat it and both Elijah and Klaus had to kill each other. And so they did.

Her aunt Rebekah took the cure and became human, trying to live a normal life with family friend Marcel.

Her uncle Kol moved away with his wife, Davina, and he was very happy. 

Her aunt Freya was married to Keelin, and she thought it was best if Hope was to start somewhere new. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

And so here she was. In an upside down car. In the middle of the woods.