Part 50

Hope managed to worm her way out of the car in a record time of fifteen minutes. Not that she had ever had to get out of an upside down car by herself before. 

She cut her leg as she stumbled out of the shattered glass window and hissed, sitting on the grass beside the car and using her magic to help her heal faster.

When she was no longer bleeding, she rolled her eyes and walked to the other side of the car, where she could just about mangage to grab Theo's phone through the gap where the window used to stand. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hope managed to walk in the general direction they were heading before the crash and found herself in front of a big sign that said: BEACON HILLS.

She assumed this was the right place, because she recalled Theo telling her about this being his home.

Come to think of it, Hope was so worried for Theo. They had grown so close and Hope couldn't care the thought of losing someone else at such a young age. 

She shook her head and took Theo's phone out of her pocket, surprised to see it unlock automatically. With shaky hands, she clicked on the 'contacts' app and scrolled through the names, until she reached the one she remembered so vividly. Liam Dunbar.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Liam looked down at his phone, frowning as he saw Theo's name on the screen. He quickly pushed his feelings away and declined the call, placing the phone back on his lap. 

It rang again a few seconds later. He declined it. He couldn't let Theo back into his life so easily, especially considering he never bothered to let Liam know that he was doing okay. He couldn't just walk out so easily and expect everyone to let him back in.

A miute later, it rang again. And this time, Lydia reached forward and grabbed the phone out of Liam's lap before he even noticed what she was doing. Derek stifled a chuckle with his mouth as Lydia answered the call.

"Theo?" Lydia asked, unsure of whether she should be annoyed or pleased with him. 

"W-wow, Liam Dunbar s-sounds so f-feminine!" A young voice spoke from over the phone, followed by a giggle. Lydia chuckled, before frowning.

"I'm not Liam, hunny. Who is this?" 

"Oh, u-uh... I need t-to talk to L-liam..." Her voice was shaky and Lydia sighed, covering the microphone.

"Said she needed to talk to you." 

Liam took the phone from Lydia's hands and nodded, placing it to his ear. Derek turned around and squinted, mumbling, "She..?" To which Lydia only nodded in response. 

"Hey, this is Liam!" Liam said gently, unaware of what to expect.

"H-hi, I'm H-hope.." The voice on the other end of the line said quietly. "I n-need you t-to come and g-get me..." 

Liam's face was twisted with pure confusion as he mouthed to Derek, telling him to pull over.

"Who are you?" Liam asked, sympathy laced through his voice for the young girl.

"I-I'm T-Theo's friend, he t-told me to ring you if h-he didn't come back."

At the actual mention of Theo's name, Liam snapped and came to his senses, determined to help Hope, a girl he did not yet know.

"Okay hun, where are you?" 

"I c-can see a s-sign that says B-beacon hills.. I'm n-near the woods."

Liam covered the microphone and the older two could sense the urgency in his voice when he spoke. 

"Turn around, change of plans. Get us to the Beacon Hills Preserve as soon as, Der." Derek nodded and chuckled as he swung the car around, stepping on the accelerator as hard as he could.

"We're on our way to you, can you stay on the phone for me?"

----------------------------------------------------

As Hope remembered Theo's words, she realised that she could trust Liam. Her shyness was quickly overcome by confidence and she was back to being bubbly as soon as she realised this.

"You sound like a 911 operator," She giggled, and she could hear three other laughs on the other side of the screen.

Maybe everyone would be okay.

----------------------------------------------------

a/n 

so even though hope is only 7, she is really confident because of everything she has been through

we get to hear from theo next chapterrrrrrrr