Chapter 21

READ READ IMPORTANT!!!!!! ***VOTE FOR PROMISE RING!!!!! IT'S ENTERED IN A CONTEST AND IT NEEDS AS MANY VOTES AS POSSIBLE!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS, FOLLOWERS, ETC. SPREAD THE WORD AND I'LL DEDICATE A CHAPTER OF THIS STORY TO YOU!!!*** READ READ IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

Clove's eyes narrowed when Marvel pulled the car up to the curb. Everyone in the vehicle- Marvel, Jackie, Finnick, and Annie- filed out, Clove hesitantly behind them. "Um, guys?" she said, hands on her hips. She stood close by the car, her eyes glued to the sight before her. "Why are we at a country bar?"

Marvel slung his arm around Jackie's shoulders and she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You like country music," Marvel pointed out. "And I like bars. The two are even better together." Annie rolled her eyes, and smiled in Clove's direction. "Trust me," Annie said as they made their way up to the entrance. "It'll be fun." And if Annie Cresta says something will be fun, it's usually fun. 

They were stopped at the threshold by a bouncer. He wore a black tailored suit and stood perfectly still. he had his arms folded across his chest, and was almost scowling. Clove bit the inside of her cheek, a nervous habit. They were under twenty one, and let's face it. Clove knew that they weren't going to get in. 

"Brutus!" Finnick exclaimed, and the man's face lit up. "Finnick!" he said back, and the two did a fist bump. Clove couldn't help but chuckle. This was Marvel and Finnick, of course they had a way to get in.

Brutus let them file into the bar, and the very first thing Clove saw was Gale and Johanna at the bar, each taking a shot. The rest of her friends were in the corner of the room, seated at a few high tables. She was surprised to see Cato with them, laughing at some joke Peeta just told. She was about to wave. but then something, or rather, someone, caught her eye. 

"Annie," Clove huffed, turning to the girl next to her. "Why would you guys bring me somewhere Glimmer Hills is?" Annie and Jackie shared a nervous glance. "This wasn't part of the plan..." the tiny girl thought she heard Marvel's girlfriend mutter. 

They made their way to where the rest of the group was, and high fives went around. "Hey Cloverfield!" Cato said before embracing his best friend in a hug. "Hey," she smiled, her voice muffled. Clove's glance fell upon Glimmer as she and Cato pulled away. "Clove," Glimmer acknowledged her, fake smile on her face. "Glimmer," Clove said back, an edge to her tone. 

"Hi, Finn..." Cashmere purred, who Clove just realized was there. "Um, hi..." he replied, scratching the back of his neck, awkwardly. "What are we doing?" Madge hollered, slamming her glass down on the table top. "Let's dance!" 

***

Glimmer hated Clove Sevina. She hated that Cato spent most of his time with Clove, instead of her. "Cato?" she asked, turning towards him. Clove was currently dancing, so now was the perfect time to have this conversation with him. "What, Glimmer?" Cato asked, his blue eyes twinkling. 

Glimmer twirled a lock of her blonde hair with her finger, taking another shot. "Do you like me?" Cato lat out a laugh. "Of course I do," he reassured her. Glimmer nodded, turning her attention back to her martini. "Then why don't you spend time with me?" 

"I do spend time with you," was the boy's reply. He placed a hand on her shoulder, turning her back to look at him. Glimmer faked tears. "It's just, you spend so much time with your friends, especially Clove. And I feel like if we're going to work out, we need to spend at least twenty four hours with one another each week. Because if we aren't with each other, then our relationship is failing." 

Cato placed a gentle kiss upon her lips. "If you want me to spend more time with you," he said, "I will. You're right. You're my girlfriend now, and my friends need to realize that." Glimmer smirked. "Thanks, baby." 

Game on, Glimmer thought as she watched Clove out on the dance floor, stomping her boots and belting out the lyrics to the song. Bitch. 

***

Clove had watched Cato kiss Glimmer. She felt like she was going to hack up her organs. The mere thought of Glimmer even standing next to Cato drove the raven haired girl to the brink of insanity. As she watched Glimmer and Cato out there dancing, Clove realized something. Cato looked happy. Really, really happy. She'd never seen him that way before. Clove felt tears come to her eyes, but she blinked them all away. Cato was happier with Glimmer than he was with her. It dawned on her that was the truth, and she needed to start to except that. 

Clove sighed, not able to look at the two blondes any longer. She yearned to drive a knife through Glimmer's back, and rip it out and and her again and repeat the process five more times. 

But Cato was happy. And that's all that really mattered. 

READ READ IMPORTANT!!!!!! ***VOTE FOR PROMISE RING!!!!! IT'S ENTERED IN A CONTEST AND IT NEEDS AS MANY VOTES AS POSSIBLE!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS, FOLLOWERS, ETC. SPREAD THE WORD AND I'LL DEDICATE A CHAPTER OF THIS STORY TO YOU!!!*** READ READ IMPORTANT!!!!!!!