Chapter 24

"No way in freaking Hell." 

Clove stood at the front of her house in the doorway, arms folded across her chest. Her girl friends were all standing in front of her, huddled up close to each other to keep warm. 

"Why not?" Madge asked, pulling her coat up higher to cover her neck. "You may not be going with Cato this year, but that doesn't mean that you have to avoid the dance all together!" Clove growled in response. 

"Look," Annie said, trying to calm the raven haired girl down. "We want to go dress shopping today. We aren't going to force you into buying anything. But you can help us pick out what we're going to wear. Sound good?" 

Clove sighed. She couldn't say no to Annie. Because Annie Cresta was just too nice of a person, and she hardly asked anything of you in return of her doing something for you. 

"Okay," Clove sighed, grabbing her jacket off the hook by the front door. "I'll go, but this doesn't mean I'm getting a dress." 

Madge began to jump up and down, clapping her hands together and squealing in delight. "Yes!" she hollered as the group made their way down the driveway. "This is going to be so much fun!"  Clove rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but laugh at her friend. If you should know one thing about Madge: She loved fashion. And she was also crazily addicted to strawberries. 

The group of friends all piled into Jackie's car, and they started the drive to the mall, signing and laughing as they went. 

***

Delly slammed her door, letting out a huff. She tossed her phone on her bed, and began running her hands through her hair in frustration. Stupid Finnick hadn't excepted her follow request on Instagram, and she'd been expecting it for the past year. "Ugh!" she groaned, flopping on her bed. 

She hated Annie, how she could spend time with Finnick. She hated that one of her best friends, Glimmer, was able to get her man and Delly couldn't. Glimmer was lucky, she had Cato wrapped around her perfect little finger. Delly, however, wasn't so fortunate. She had no boyfriend, no hookup, nothing. And she owed it all to Annie, the red headed swimmer who some kids thought was a freak. 

Cashmere was also in the same boat, so that helped. She didn't have a boyfriend either. But then again, she didn't have her sights set on one specific guy. At that point, she would take almost any guy she could get. Key word: Almost. 

Delly thought for a moment. Cashmere also liked Finnick. Maybe if Delly went after Peeta, who would be much easier to seduce, then Cashmere would be able to have Finnick. And Marvel was just too weird and all three girls (Glimmer, Cashmere, and Delly), sort of respected Madge. So that meant Gale was no longer an option. 

Delly would admit, Gloss was kind of hot as well. They did get down and dirty in her closet once, but that was the only time they'd hooked up. He was Cashmere;s brother, and it was sort of weird. 

But he sure did kiss good...

Delly rolled onto her back, staring up at her ceiling. Or maybe, she thought, Cato would be a bit more fun. The blonde girl smirked. Three boys, three amazing opportunities. 

The only question was, which one to seduce first? 

***

Almost three hours later, all of the girls (even Johanna) had picked out what they were wearing to the dance, except for Clove. 

"Come on, Clove!" Jackie said, hitting Clove with a shopping bag. "At least try one thing on!" 

"No," Clove hissed, placing her hands on her hips. "I told you this already, and I'll say it again. I am not going to the dance." 

"Please!" the red haired girl begged. "Besides, we all know that you want to dance with Cato. And he'll be there." 

"With Glimmer," Clove pointed out. "But you're meant for him!" Jackie cried, earning stares from some customers around them. "Look, Clove. All I'm saying is give it a shot." 

Clove glared. "I said no," she stated, before walking off. 

***

Was it fair? No. 

Was she happy? No. 

Would she end up with a broken heart? Probably. 

Did Cato seem happy with Glimmer? Yes. Happier then he was with Clove, in her own personal opinion. 

Clove bit her lip, running a hand through her hair. She thought about everything all of her friends had told her, how she should try a relationship with Cato. That being the romantic kind. 

Clove rolled her eyes at her stupidity. "Never going to happen," she huffed, using the back of her hand to wipe away a tear. 

He loved Glimmer, and not her. It was never her. 

Sorry for not updating sooner! School's been hectic. I added a bit of Delly in there because we haven't seen very much of her yet. But I've got some tricks up my sleeve! (;

Thank you for all of your support. It literally means the world to me.