Chapter 43

Clove took a deep breath and then gulped. She walked into the school with her gaze fixated on her shoes. The butterflies in her stomach were crazier then they'd ever been before. 

The ebony haired girl walked to her locker first and shoved her coat in it. She sighed before retreating down the hallway. Her heart beat sped up and she thought she was going to pass out. 

Clove didn't know if she would be able to face all of those people at once. Especially Glimmer and most importantly, Cato. She wanted to show him that she was over him, that she didn't care about him or whatever he did anymore. But anyone with a brain knew that was a big fat lie. Clove still cared, she still loved him too. But Clove was good at hiding her feelings. 

And that was what she was going to do. 

She wasn't going to let Cato and Glimmer get to her. She was going to have a good time with her friends and flaunt her looks. Cato would finally see what he let go, and what a stupid decision he made.

Clove rounded the corner and stood in the doorway leading into the gym. 

***

Cato was getting himself a drink while Glimmer went to go say hello to Cashmere. To be quite honest, Cato was thankful to get away from her for a little while. The blonde girl was starting to get on his nerves. 

She was extremely pissed when Cato showed up at her house wearing a green tie instead of pink, and to see his hair that was not gelled and slicked back. Cato had to bite his lip to stop a burst of laughter from escaping his mouth when she threw a miniature temper tantrum. 

Cato's eyebrows furrowed in confusion when kids standing at the front of the gym gasped, and then fell silent. And aisle was created in the middle of the room, and kids craned their necks to see what was causing such a scene. Once they saw, they too gasped and then fell into a lapse of silence. 

The blonde boy's head snapped around and when his eyes landed on her, his mouth fell visibly open. 

Clove stood in the doorway, teeth clamped down on her bottom lip, trying to stop the red creeping up on her cheeks. Her eyes darted back and forth across the swarm of students nervously, and he saw her gulp. "Uh..." she trailed off, looking down at her shoes and then back up at the crowd. 

"Hi?" It came out as more of a question. Kids all around stood there staring at her, whilst others whispered to their friends pointing at the girl in the green and black. 

Clove finally decided to shuffle into the room and met the rest of her friends in the corner of the room. The DJ started back up the music and kids disbursed, some forgetting what just happened and went back to their previous conversations. 

Cato watched Clove as she timidly sat down while the rest of their group laughed and clapped and gave a toast, raising their glasses up in the air. Clove actually smiled herself, and it wasn't fake. It was a real and genuine smile. Cato wondered if Glimmer ever did such a thing; if everything about her was fake. 

Glimmer stormed up to him, and Cato was forced to tear his eyes away from the girl who stole his heart. "I cannot believe her!" the blonde said as she approached her boyfriend. Her face was red and Cato imagined steam coming out of her ears. Glimmer Hills was fuming. 

"How dare she?" Glimmer thought aloud. "How dare that tramp try to upstage me? Me! Of all people!" 

"Clove is not a tramp," Cato spat out without thinking. No matter what happened between the two of them, Cato made a vow to himself to stick up for Clove. He intended to follow that. "Whatever," Glimmer seethed. "I just hate the fact that your tie matches her god awful dress." Cato grinned a bit as it was true, his tie did in fact match Clove's dress. He couldn't help but wonder if his mother did that on purpose. 

Throughout the course of the evening, Cato couldn't keep his eyes off of the girl across the room. Glimmer distracted him, sure. But Clove took his breath away. She was just so stunning and gorgeous, and her smile practically lit up the room. 

Cato came to a sudden realization that hit him full on like a semi truck. "Hey, Glimmer?" he asked, causing the girl to stop speaking. "Yes?" she replied, twirling a lock of her hair with her finger. 

"Can we go out into the hall for a minute?" 

Glimmer took him by the hand and followed him out of the room. 

"What's on your mind, babe?" Glimmer asked when they were in an area where no one else was around. 

Cato Hadley sighed before looking Glimmer Hills straight in the eyes and admitting, "I think that we should break up."

Double update because I love you guys so much. And a cliffhanger just because I feel like driving you guys insane.