Chapter 33

Clove slammed her bedroom door shut, tears steaming down her pale cheeks. She kicked off her now soaked pair of high heels. She had trekked through the snow all the way home, cursing. The teenage girl screamed, feeling like she was going to hurl. She picked up a photo of herself and Cato sitting on her desk and threw it at the wall. It crashed down to the floor, glass shards going down with it.  

From underneath her bed, she grabbed a handful of her best knives. She threw one at the picture, it landing one on of the boy's crystal blue eyes. She next threw another one at the wall in a fit of rage, and it sunk right in next to the dent the picture had made. 

She didn't bother trying to stop the tears from falling now. She crawled to the corner of her room, sobs racking her entire body. Clove stared down at the knife in her hand, and then, without thinking twice about it, she stuck out her arm, and pressed the blade's tip into her skin. 

Soon enough, Clove was running the blade up and down her arm. Blood caked her skin and dripped onto the floor beneath her, but she didn't care. Pain shot up through her arm and she bit her lip, but she kept on cutting. Because to Clove, feeling physical pain was far better than feeling emotional pain. 

*** 

The news about Cato and Clove no longer being best friends spread like a wildfire. When students should've been talking about their plans for the prom coming up in a month, they were instead sharing details about the scene that unfolded at The Valentine's Day Dance. 

Clove hated every single second of it. She always hated being the center or attention, anyway. But now, every single person in that school, even the teachers, knew about her personal life. They all knew that she was in love with the golden boy named Cato, and how he didn't express those same feelings towards her. He liked Glimmer, and the two's relationship was just getting better. 

Glimmer, of course, was very satisfied with Cato. He turned Clove down, and the raven haired girl would no longer be an issue. However, the blonde feared, Cashmere and Delly would be. The other girls obviously thought Cato would be a great fit for them. Glimmer swore to herself that she would do everything in her power to keep Cato to herself. For good. 

Clove hated Cato now. He wasn't the boy he once was. Part of her yearned for him to show up at her doorstep and throw his arms around her and never let go. The other part of her never wanted to see his face ever again. 

But she had to. She had to see him every day in the hallway, in class, and she heard his name. When she walked by, kids would point and whisper. Some would taunt her, and chant Cato's name until she screamed. Her friends tried to help her in every way possible, but it was never enough. 

Clove needed someone who truly understodd what she was going through. And she believed that no one did. 

***

Cashmere had a plan. A damn good plan, too. Prom was approaching, and it was coming up fast. She was to purchase the best gown, and become prom queen. And with Cato Hadley as her king, nothing would stop them. 

Of course, Delly and Glimmer both posed as threats. Delly always got what she wanted, while Glimmer was already in a full on relationship with the blonde boy. And both girls were very pretty and very popular. 

It was going to be a hard thing to do, but Cashmere was ready to accept the challenge. After all, when Cashmere wanted something, she always got it. 

***

She heard the rumors. She wasn't stupid. Alright, maybe she wasn't the smartest girl in school, but that was why she was so popular. 

Glimmer sat at her vanity in her room, applying red lipstick to her lips. She thought it made her look prettier if that was even possible, and seductive. Just how she wanted to look. 

She smirked, making sure her face was perfect. Satisfied with her makeup, she curled her hair into big, bouncy curls. She then walked into her huge walk in closet, and scanned her clothes. 

She shook her head in distaste. Glimmer pulled out her phone, and called Delly. She knew Cashmere had a thing for her boyfriend, and Delly did as well. But Delly's main focus was on Peeta, unlike Cashmere. 

"Delly?"

"Yes, Glimmer?" 

"Cato's going to be over in an hour and a half and I don't have anything to wear."

"I'm on it." 

Glimmer smirked as she ended the call. That bitch Clove Sevina had no idea who she was dealing with. 

Sorry for not updating. We put some of our christmas stuff up yesterday and today. 

MOCKINGJAY WAS SO FREAKING GOOD.