Chapter 17 POWER

"Liv , come on ... it's been a week. You have to eat." Jacob tried to convince me for the millionth time today. But we both knew it wasn't working. What did it even matter anymore ? Eating meant surviving.  And surviving meant I had to live with them. And I just didn't know if I could do that anymore...

I've tried so hard to make this work. To put on my brave face and 'give it time Olivia ' like my mom said , but what if time was inevitable?  What if my time with them was up ?

Let's be honest, I was never meant to get married nevermind to two guys . I was never meant to be the cute little housewife my father thought he dealed me as. That wasn't the type of person I was . I was a misguided, adrenaline driven, father defying badass. And no one could change that about me. The only thing I've learned by being married to them wasn't that I wasn't 'fit' for the role they casted me in , but that love was WEAK. Their love made me weak .

I've lost perspective , my morals,  my goals and my vision. Two months ago I would've taken this company to the top ,destroying anything and everyone in it's path to glory and success. But now... now I couldn't even open up my mouth to eat a damn sandwich.

Pathetic!

That's what I've become .

It's like with every breath I took I could hear my father's voice echoing through my head , repeating over and over what he had said to me one too many times growing up. "If you're weak. You ARE weak. Only the strong can stay strong. The weak fall and never get back up. ARE YOU WEAK  OLIVIA!?" he would yell at me . I would flinch back in the corner as he repeated himself "ARE YOU WEAK OLIVIA!" he would roar louder and louder until I gave a whimper replying  "no father. "  it was like I could hear him now , here at the foot of my bed yelling at me "ARE YOU WEAK OLIVIA!?" Yet , I couldn't muster up the courage to say no anymore. I knew I was weak. And like my father said, I was then never strong to begin with because only the weak fall.

The pounding on the door echoes through my room like blood pumping in my ear. It sounded rhythmic making a steady beat as their fists collided with the door. Their voices were muffled as they tried to persuade me to open up yet all I could hear was the sound of my father's voice asking me if I was weak.

*Pound*
"ARE YOU WEAK OLIVIA!?" His voice screeched through my brain like tyres on wet tar. I squint my eyes closed trying to rid myself of all these overwhelming feelings.

*another pound *
"ARE YOU WEAK OLIVIA!?" It was like he was standing on the otherside of the door himself,  yelling at me.

*an even louder pound *
"ARE YOU WEAK OLIVIAAAAA!!!!" His voice boomed through my thoughts , making me want to rip my ears off .

"No ! I'm not !" I suddenly burst out with this immense power inside of me I never knew I carried . And then it went silent on the other side as I panted , trying to steady my breathing and my pouding heart against it's cage.

"I , am NOT weak!" I yelled out to no one in particular while I got up and threw my sheets to the side.

It was like my father's words coaxed me out of my trance , unlocked some sort of power inside of me. I felt as if I could lead a war and rule the world again ! Like I held all the power in my hand.

"O-olivia ? Are you, okay ?" I heard Jacob's voice from the other side while I threw open that door with so much strength he fell to the ground.

Atleast now he knew who held the power. 

I watched as he stood up , standing next to Ethan who looked just as surprised as him.