7.0 - Sebastian

MEGAN MOORE

Sebastian was waiting for me; he'd already checked in leaving me to do the same thing as he watched. I handed over my passport as Sebastian handed over the other documents before he looked down at his phone, ignoring everything around him. 

My attention was on the man checking me in, he looked down at my passport then my face several times before he spoke, "Miss is there anything you need to tell me?" He asked in a hushed voice as he looked between myself and Sebastian. 

I shrugged my shoulders, "Nope."

"Did you pack your bags yourself?" He asked me as he weighed my bag. I hated going abroad; I hated this mumbo jumbo that always did when you were boarding a plane. Never the less I answered his questions before he took my bag and handed me my passport and documents before letting me and Sebastian loose into the airport on the other side of check-in. 

I held my bag close to me as we walked along; there were a few people around before heading to the private lounge. On arrival I noticed there was only one other person in here, that was how secluded it was. Sebastian headed over to a leather armchair, leaving me standing there like an idiot, my mouth was wide open as I looked around the room. 

The ceiling seemed to look like it in little glass lights that shimmered in the light shining in from the windows. The chairs were all white, large leather, each of them looked new like that were barely used. All the chairs were perfectly spaced, something which seemed to tickle my fancy. Behind each chair was a crystal lamp, all I wanted to do was climb into a seat and get comfortable, but I knew that we wouldn't be here long.

"Aren't you going to sit down?" Sebastian asked, bringing me back to the real world. 

I looked at him; he was watching me when I glanced at him. "Yeah," my voice was distant, almost like it didn't belong to me. 

Slowly I made my way over to the chair opposite him, I didn't look at him as I got comfy. I knew that he would there, I was hyper-aware of my surroundings right now. All I wanted to do was get on that plane, put my eye mask on and fall asleep, no small talk, no food, sleep and then arrive in Italy. 

XOXOX

After the plane took off I put on my eye mask to avoid any unwanted conversation and unnecessary small talk. I crossed my arms over my chest as I relaxed in the private pod where my seat was situated. There were so many different sounds, I could hear people having different types of conversations. Somewhere behind me there was a couple having an argument, to the left of me there was a man who was talking to himself and in front of me I could hear a video being played on a phone, there was absolutely no peace here on this plane. 

Sighing to myself I lifted my eye mask and let it rest on my forehead, I knew I was not going to be getting any rest with all this noise. "This is why I don't go anywhere," I muttered to myself as I looked up at the ceiling. 

 "Miss Moore?" I looked up at the stewardess who had said my name, she was young, blonde and had a wide smile on her face. 

I nodded confirming I was who she was looking for before she handed me a phone and walked away. Slowly I lifted it to my ear and spoke in a confused voice, "Hello?"

"Miss Moore, is that you?" The person on the other end of the phone was Italian, I knew the accent well. "This is Matteo from the facility in Maranello."

"Hi," I said as I looked forward confused as to why I was being called when I was in the air. Soon enough the plane would be touching down in Italy, they could have just waited until I got off the plane, surely? "What's wrong?" My initial instincts kicked in that there must be a problem.

"There has been a problem with the hotel booking," the man on the other end of the phone informed me. "We have made alternative arrangements for yourself and Mr Vettel. We have arranged for transport from the airport to the rental apartment."

"Apartment?" I questioned with wide eyes as I sat up straight in my seat. 

"Yes it is all booked," Matteo told me. "We shall see you soon, Miss Moore."

The line went dead before I moved the phone away from my ear and stared down at the phone. I shook my head as I stood up and looked around trying to find the stewardess who obviously saw me, she bounded back in my direction a smile on her face before she whipped the phone away from me. "I hope everything is okay, Miss."

I returned her smile not giving too much away before she walked away. Sitting back in my little pod I opened the side door and looked at the one next to me before I tapped on the door. I watched as it slid open and revealed Sebastian. "Did you get the news too?" I asked him as I leaned forward and looked at him. 

"It's just a blip, we're only there for a month." He didn't sound as annoyed as I imagined he might be. "It'll be over before we know it, you can return back home for the week before we hit the road again."

"And you're okay with it?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow. 

He shrugged his shoulders, "Why wouldn't I be? Es sind vier Wochen."

I hated how uneducated I felt when he spoke in German, "What are you saying?" I asked rudely as I looked at him like a lost puppy, my mouth was a little open and my eyes were sad. 

"Es sind vier Wochen," he repeated with a smile on his face. I watched as his eyes brightened and in a way, it looked like it was more of a smirk than a smile. "It means it's four weeks."

Taking a leap I asked a question as I removed the eye mask that was falling down over my eyes, "Can you help me, you know, learn German?"

"Klar, ich heiße Sebastian," he spoke almost like he was taunting in knowing I lacked in the German language to understand what he said. "You don't even know basics?"

I shook my head as I gave him a weak, fake smile. "My school didn't teach German, we did French." I sighed, I felt defeated knowing that if he was to teach me he would be starting from the beginning. 

"Ich heiße Sebastian," he repeated. "My name is Sebastian." 

Listening to his accent knowing he had been speaking in German for all of his life, I knew that this was going to be difficult, challenging and before the end of the four weeks I knew I would be frustrated beyond belief.