26.0 - Outbursts & Alcohol

After we ate, Kimi and Lewis decided they were going to be spending some more time at the bar. I awkwardly looked down at my phone, scanning through it trying to look occupied. "Fancy coming?" Lewis asked me as he stood up from the table. 

My eyes looked up at him, I opened my mouth to speak before I closed my it again and shook my head. "I'm good here," I told him before I gave him a small nod. 

Lewis and Kimi headed off, I was left at the table with Sebastian, Charles and Max. I listened as they talked about the upcoming race and what their predictions were. As I sat there I started to get bored, I knew I should have gone to the bar with the other two. 

Picking up my glass, I sipped it through the straw as I tried to think of something to entertain myself. I didn't drink because I needed to, I did it because I got bored quickly. Getting to my feet, I looked over at Sebastian who raised his eyebrows at me, I ignored his look before I headed to the bar. Standing between Lewis and Kimi, I grinned widely before Lewis put a large clear drink in front of me. 

"I know you couldn't resist," Lewis laughed as he nudged me with his shoulder. 

Wrapping my hand around the glass, I quickly knocked it back before Kimi put an arm around me. "Welcome to the club," he then put a different drink in front of me. 

Biting my lip, I let out a long breath as I knew that was the moment I fucked up. I was supposed to behave tonight, it was fine, all I had to do was not get drunk. Having a few drinks was okay, getting drunk was not. "I'm just having a couple," I said slowly as I held the new glass in my hand. I watched as Kimi raised his eyebrows at Lewis, giving him a little nod.

Lewis laughed from beside me, "I know you better than that."

I looked up at him and shook my head as I placed the glass back down on the bar. I wanted to prove him and everyone else wrong, I didn't want to be that same person I had always been. I knew everyone knew me as a good time girl, go out and get drunk every single time. Megan is always up for a few drinks, that's what they said and I'd done what they said every time. 

Looking away from him, I heard him speak again. "Oh, come on, Megan," Lewis said to me as I noticed Kimi walk away, heading in the direction of the toilets. My gaze returned back to Lewis who was smirking as he watched me. "Don't disappoint me now, dollface." He put his right hand on my shoulder as he winked at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him through gritted teeth as I stepped back from him, retracting from his touch. He was acting out of character, sure we'd been close friends for a while but he'd never been like this with me before. "What you trying to prove?" My eyes looked around the room, I could see Sebastian looking over at myself and Lewis before I turned back to my friend at the bar. "Don't tell me," I took a step closer to Lewis as I lowered my voice. "You're trying to get one up on him?" 

He didn't speak, he didn't need to say anything, he just looked away from me. His silence was his admission of guilt.

I put my right hand around the glass before I moved it closer to my lips, Lewis looking back at me as the glass reached my bottom lip. I watched him, his dark eyes seeming to spark when he thought he was winning. Without a second thought, I quickly jerked the glass away from me without drinking any of it and chucked it in his face. My lips were in a thin line with narrowed eyes as I glared at him. 

He gasped loudly, "Megan!" He tried to grab my hand as I backed away from him before he wiped his face. "What the fuck?!"

Just for a second, it was myself and Lewis.

"I'm not part of your fucking game!" I snapped at him as I pointed my forefinger at him. Inside my chest, my heart was beating wildly as I tried to control my breathing, it was heavy and ragged, the adrenaline was high from the whole encounter. My hands were shaking and my mind was just red.

Within a couple of seconds, I felt a hand on my right shoulder. I swung around to find Sebastian standing there, I stared up at him as I bit my lip. For a moment I forgot everyone else was here, the realisation crept in, they had all seen my outburst. 

"Don't touch me!" My outburst was loud as I moved away from him too before I walked towards the table and grabbed my bag. 

Leaving the restaurant, I stormed away. There wasn't even a second thought in my mind about what had just happened. Lewis was supposed to be my friend but everything he had done tonight was the opposite of what friendship meant. I was walking at a stupid speed, I couldn't get away fast enough. I was humiliated, I was fuming. There were so many emotions swirling around inside of me right now and I wasn't sure what I was meant to do. 

I fumbled in my phone for my bag before I quit looking, my hands balling into fists as I returned to the hotel. There was no way this was going to be easy for me, none of it. All I ever wanted to do was to drive for a living, unfortunately for me, I was born a woman and that had held me back. Just to top it all off, I had probably screwed up my whole career. That didn't matter to me right now though, all I was thinking about was Lewis being a massive prick.

When I got to my hotel room door, I managed to find my key card before swiping myself inside. I chucked my bag onto the bed as I headed to the minibar, I almost ripped the door off the hinges at the speed I opened it, my eyes glancing over the selection of drinks that were inside. 

Right now, I wasn't picky. Taking the first bottle, I opened it, lifting it to my lips swigging a large mouthful before kicking the door closed and heading to my bed. I threw everything on the floor, leaving my bed empty as I avoided my vibrating phone. The mini bottle of white wine wasn't to my taste, but it was going down smoothly as I closed my eyes.

Opening my eyes, I put the bottle of the side table as I laid face down on the bed and breathed heavily as I tried to not think about anything. My moment was interrupted by knocking on the door, I closed my eyes again trying to will them away. I didn't want to deal with anyone right now, I was the worst when I was in this mood, my inner Natalie gripping onto the surface. 

"Megan!" I heard his German accent, I knew it was him immediately. "Megan, come on, let's just talk about this."

I didn't want to talk about anything, I wasn't in the right frame of mind. 

 Turning over on the bed, I called out to him. "Please, leave me alone!"

There was another knock, the more I ignored it the more he knocked before it turned it more of a bang. 

Growling to myself, I pushed myself up from where I was laying. Moving quickly, I got to the door before yanking it open. My hand gripped the door as I stared up at his intoxicating blue eyes, "Whatever you have to say can wait." I didn't want to hear how irresponsible I was, how stupid I had acted. 

"What happened?" He asked calmly, he certainly seemed a lot calmer than I anticipated. "Megan?"

Listening to his soft voice made me feel a little calmer, I moved back from the door letting him come inside. "Why are you here?" I asked him as I walked through, my back to him before I got to the main area of my hotel room, moving to the side, I looked over at Sebastian. 

He scanned his eyes over my room, the contents of my bag were scattered over the floor, my bottle of wine sitting waiting for me to finish it off. Sebastian turned his head to me, his eyes meeting mine, "I think you need a friend, right now."