32.0 - Austria

Since I had to get to Austria quickly, I left as soon as I could. I managed to avoid people, keeping myself covered up as I headed through customs and on the plane. Austria was hot, I hated the heat especially when I was trying to not show my new war wounds. When I got to the hotel, I checked in at the front desk where I was handed a key card and an envelope. "Thanks," I managed to force the word out of my lips before I made my way through the hotel towards my room. 

Once I was in the room, I removed the jacket and the scarf and looked in the mirror. The bruises that covered my neck were darker than when I left England. On both sides of my neck there were obvious finger marks and in the centre was a large mark where my sister's thumbs had been. 

I sighed as I looked away, seeing them was a reminder of the life I lived in England. Knowing that she was capable of this made me question what I could do. I never wanted to be like that, that behaviour was not acceptable in a civilised society. Maybe I could move to Italy as suggested, maybe I could just do it, leave behind that life. If I left behind my mother, she would understand, he knew that all I had was my career. 

My phone began to ring, I looked at the name on the screen before ending the call. I couldn't talk to anyone right now, I sent a text to Sebastian since I didn't answer his call. I let him know I was at the hotel and I was going to try and get some sleep. It wasn't even that late, it was only four in the afternoon. 

Laying on the bed, I stared at the ceiling as I tried to think of the weekend. I wanted to think of all the good points there might be this weekend, about boosting Sebastian up, getting him on the podium.

A few minutes passed before there was knocking on the door, I panicked as I sat up, putting the scarf on quickly. I pulled my jacket back on before I ripped the door open, my eyes looking up into Sebastian's. "We have a meeting in fifteen minutes," he told me in a rushed voice before he smiled. "It's nice to see you, Megs."

I looked down, blushing a little at the use of the nickname he gave me. 

"I didn't think you were coming back," he told me. I noticed how his voice was quiet and shy to a degree as I looked back up at him. 

He stared at me as he waited for me to speak, I sucked in my bottom lip as I thought about replying to him. So far he had done all the talking but I just couldn't bring myself to speak. My throat was so sore and hoarse, I had barely spoken since leaving the prison, even going as far as avoiding my goodbyes with my friends. 

Stepping back into my room, I looked around on the bed for my key card. 

"What's happened, Megan? You're really quiet." 

Looking back at him, I noticed he'd entered my hotel room and was now standing by the door watching me. Picking up my card, I put it in my jacket pocket as I took a deep breath which made me once. "I'm," I struggled with the words. "Just sore."

Sebastian stepped towards me, his hands touching my arms. "Megan? What happened to you?" He reached for the scarf around my neck before I stepped away from him. "Megan?"

My hands were slow as I reached for the scarf, moving it away from my neck I showed Sebastian the bruising that I had been hiding. "My sister," I shrugged it off as I recovered the marks. Speaking was difficult, my throat was scratchy and dry like I needed to cough. 

He reached for me, his hands touching my face. "You're too beautiful to have those on your skin," his words were lovely, his touch was soothing, something I craved and I needed. 

I breathed in, the air hurting as I did. He removed the scarf from my neck, his fingers tips dancing over the top of the bruises, I stared at his eyes as I watched him. He didn't need to watch what he was doing, his bright eyes were looking back into mine. 

Then he leaned forward, our eyes closing before his lips were placed gently on mine. I kissed him back, it was slow and passionate. The feeling it gave me was like being high, I felt like I was taking pills. He made me feel fuzzy and warm, I opened my eyes as our kiss came to a mutual end as I stared into his eyes. 

His right hand pushed back a few loose strands of hair, tucking them behind my left ear. "We should get going to this thing," he said as he looked into my eyes. 

I nodded, I was lying, I didn't want to leave his touch, I didn't want to leave this room right now. Just this small amount of intimacy was enough to get me hooked. 

Sebastian reached for the scarf before he carefully placed around me, covering the bruising like before. "No one will notice a thing," he said as leaned forward and placed a kiss on my forehead. 

XOXOX

Friday morning, I was at the track changing in the dressing room alone. Sebastian had given me his white turtleneck top, I wore it under my overalls making sure my neck was covered as much as possible. Heading to the garage with my helmet under my right arm, I was met by Maurizio who had a smile on his face. "How are you feeling today?" He asked me as gave me a sad smile. 

Nodding my head, I returned the look. 

"If there is anything I can do for you, you just have to let me know," Maurizio was kind as he spoke to me. 

Thierry approached as Maurizio walked away, he handed me my headphones. "Let's get this show on the road then," he nodded at me. 

Taking them from him, I smiled widely. I didn't speak, I didn't need to as I headed to the car, putting in the headphones as I went.