19.0 - Hungover

Megan Moore

The evening passed by quickly. I had consumed too many calories and drank too many units of alcohol before we decided to leave the restaurant and make our way back to the apartment. We didn't speak about how the bill would be split; instead, we both took out some money and placed it on the table before looking up at each other. I giggled a little as I took my hand away and got to my feet. 

"Come on then, Megs," he got to his feet as he walked around and helped moved my chair out for me.

"Megs?" I laughed at the nickname he'd given me. 

He winked at me before he offered his arm out to me, I reached for his arm and linked mine through his then we started to walk together in the direction of the apartment. My walking was less stable and more stumbling. I seemed to do the same thing every time, and it didn't seem to matter who the company was. "Do you not like Megs?" He asked me as he kept me upright. 

"I could get used to it," I told him as I looked up at him. To anyone passing us by, they would think that we were a couple from the way I was holding on to him. He was patient with me as I swayed alongside him. "Sebs," I tried a nickname on him. 

Watching him his face cringed, "Maybe we can just keep with Seb."

Nodding my head, I smiled at him in agreement. "I'm sure I can manage that."

We didn't exchange any more words on the walk, it wasn't awkward though, not in my head. I took this opportunity to concentrate on walking in a straight line and not throwing up as he helped me. Before I knew it, we were in the apartment; I didn't even remember getting into the building, let alone into the apartment before he sat me on the sofa. 

"Can I get you a coffee or water?" He asked as he stood in front of me. 

Turning my head to look away from him, I sighed as I realised this was becoming a little too regular. He'd not been the first person to return me home after a night out and offer me a beverage to try and sober me up before I slept it off. "I'm okay," I mumbled as I closed my eyes willing the double vision to go away and leave me for a moment. I also hoped that Sebastian would give me some space too, when I opened my eyes, he was still standing there. "I'm good, I'm just going to get some sleep."

He stood there for a few more moments before he gave me a small, sad smile, "I'll see you in the morning, Megan." He didn't say anymore before he left me on the sofa and headed off to his own room.

XOXOX

I hated the feeling of a hangover, the pounding head, the impending sickness and the heavy limbs. The symptom of a hangover that I found the worst was the dry mouth, even grabbing some water didn't help my cause, two bottles of water later and I was still suffering but only this time I needed to go the toilet. I headed to the bathroom where I went to the toilet before hopping into the shower, quickly washing the stale alcohol smell from my body and ridding it from my mouth by brushing my teeth before dressing for work. 

As I stood in front of my mirror I heard knocking on my bedroom door, "Megan, are you awake?"

I let out a yawn as I walked towards the door and pulled it open, Sebastian stood on the other side, he was dressed for work in his usual casual clothing as he looked me up and down. "What's up?" I asked him quietly as I stepped out of my bedroom. 

"Do you want me to drive us both today?"

My mind was full of questions, I bit my tongue as I nodded my head accepting his offer. "Sure," if anything it would be useful for me to actually be in a car with him, I could analyse him properly, really take in his driving. 

When we arrived at work we headed off in our separate directions, Sebastian to the track, I to the changing room where I could change from my stuffy overly conservation clothing into something a little more comfy along with my overalls which I pulled up and on. Sheepishly I headed to the track after taking a few pills to rid myself of the pain in my head. 

As I approached I could see Gianluca and Sebastian talking quietly, almost like they were whispering. When they saw me they stopped talking, Sebastian looked away but Gianluca stared at me as I walked closer. Sebastian headed off as I got level with Gianluca who gave me a small smile. 

"What's going on?" I asked awkwardly as I pushed my nails into my palms as I looked over at Sebastian who was walking away before I looked back at Gianluca. 

He shrugged his shoulders, "I think he's just stressed. I wouldn't worry about it too much."

I squeezed my fists tighter as I nodded a little. "I guess we better just..." I motioned to the track before taking a few steps forward away from him. I didn't know if it was my actions from the night before which had led to this or if he really did have his own stuff going on his head. As I walked towards the test cars I wanted to put my head in my hands, I wanted to hide away and just pretend that the past 12 hours did not happen. 

Kneeling down I re-strapped my velcro on my right shoe, my eyes watching Sebastian as he got to his vehicle. "What's the plan for today?" I asked Gianluca even though I couldn't have been less interested in what events we would be doing today. 

"We're going to work on your straights and speeds today, we need to make sure we have as much information about the car as possible." 

Nodding, I got to my feet, "Lead the way."