34.0 - Visitors

I didn't know if I was ready for visitors, not after Lewis. 

Looking up, I smiled when Sebastian walked into the room with Karyn. "Hey," Karyn spoke first as she came over and sat at the end of my bed. She took my right hand in hers as she smiled back at me. "How are you feeling?"

Her eyes stared at my neck, I could see her looking. "I'm alright," my voice was quiet as I spoke to her. Her eyes flickered up to mine before I looked away from her and to Sebastian. "I am so sorry about your car."

Sebastian laughed as he walked around to the right side of my bed, pulling the chair close to it as he shook his head slightly. "Do not worry about the car," he assured me as his bright eyes stared into mine. "I just need to know you are okay."

"Nothing broken," I shrugged my shoulders before wincing at the pain it caused to my back and neck. "Just whiplash and bruising."

He nodded, "That is good to hear." His eyes stayed on me just as they had since he entered the room, it was like he didn't need to say anything. 

Karyn looked at him, her eyes narrowed as she tried to work him out. I noticed her look even if Sebastian didn't. Turning to look at me, she gave me a slight smirk, a knowing look. "Well," she raised her eyebrows. "I have to get back for the kids," she got to her feet letting go of my hand. "Text me if you need anything, I'm sure I can get it to you and if not," she glanced at Sebastian before looking back at me. "I can convince this one here to help you out." She stepped towards me, kissed me on the cheek before she walked towards the door, looking back she gave her attention to Seb. "You look after her," lifting her right forefinger, she winked at him, "And no talking to the press." She looked at me, "Text me, I mean it. Take care, Megan." Then she left the room leaving me alone with Sebastian. 

Turning my head slightly, I looked at him. I blushed a little as I looked at him, my mind thinking of the kiss we shared only the night before. "Sounds like you'll be helping me out too," I teased him a little. 

He nodded, "I'll help you whenever you need it." He got out of his chair, leaning over me before he pressed his lips to my cheek. I grinned like a child before he moved his face, hovering his lips over mine. "What exactly do you need?"

"I need to know, what happens with the race now?"

He rolled his eyes before he closed the gap between our lips. Just as quickly as it started, it was over, he sat back in his seat before he looked up at me. Sebastian smiled widely, "You are all about your career, aren't you?" I gave him a small nod before he continued to talk. "So, the whole thing has been put back. Just until your results are made public. It's total silence about your condition at the moment." 

"That's good?" I asked in a whisper. 

He sighed, "It's good and bad. Whilst there is no news, racing is suspended, we can check on you, help you out here. But, everyone could think you're dead since there is no news."

"Shit!" I cursed loudly as I moved my head quickly making the pain shoot through me again. "Fuck," I could not control the swearing as I closed my eyes and tried to breathe through the pain. "I need to ring my mum, I need to let her know I am okay."

"Is she not your next of kin?" He asked me as I looked back at him. 

Shaking my head, I closed my eyes. "My mum is not well, putting a friend down was easier than scaring her every time I needed to pop to the hospital." I winced as I the pain continued to shoot through my back and neck. 

He got to his feet, "I'm going to get the doctor. I'll see if they can up your pain relief." 

"Thanks," I mumbled as he walked towards the door. 

XOXOX

The stronger drugs had knocked me out, now though waking felt like a blessing. I rubbed my eyes as I came to, my mind foggy from the drugs that had consumed my system. Looking around, I found myself alone. Pressing on the call button, a nurse came to see me. 

"Miss Moore," she smiled as she smoothed down her uniform. "Are you feeling better?"

Nodding my head, I smiled. "Yes," I managed as I looked around at the drip that was connected to my arm. "Am I getting to leave soon?"

"After lunch," she placed a newspaper down on the small table that was over my bed. "It seems you made the sports headlines," she flipped it to the back so I could see. 

My eyes widened in horror at the main picture. There I was laying on the floor looking almost lifeless, the car on fire and a couple of marshalls at my side. I closed my eyes for a moment. 

"Something is not right." 

My voice rang in my head as I started reliving moments of the crash.

"If you can hear me," I panicked as I felt my body shaking. "I am going to have to..."

Then black, no sound. I could smell the burning that was in the air though, like I was there again. 

"Megan? Are you okay?" 

Then Sebastian's voice. 

Opening my eyes, I tried to breathe normally not even noticing my breathing had quickened. 

"It's okay," the nurse said as she stepped away from my drip. "The meds will kick in soon," she explained before she took the paper away from me. "Try to relax, Megan. We will soon have you out of here."

She left the room leaving me alone again. 

"Megan? Are you okay?"