29.0 - Catching Up

I wanted to slip away, I wanted just leave the track now but there was work to do. Sitting in the chill room, I sipped my coffee as I sat in my overalls. My mobile phone was on the small coffee table in front of me but I ignored the vibrating and flashing that came from it. 

"Megan," I heard the calming voice of Karyn who entered the room. "Sebastian has been worried about you."

"He doesn't need to worry about me, I know there is a lot going on but I'm okay."

Karyn smiled as she sat on the coffee table, her hands reaching for mine. "The Lewis incident, you just need to remember not to talk about it with the press. It might have been nothing but it's easier to just leave it." She gave my hands a little squeeze, "You're not like the others, Megan."

"What do you mean?"

"You have the experience to handle Seb, the others, they never did." Karyn took her hands back before she stood up. "Don't let his sarcasm or steely exterior fool you, he's a nice guy really."

She walked away leaving me alone with my thoughts, I shook them away as I got up and walked out into the garage. I watched from the back as Sebastian climbed into his car, his hands reaching forward for his steering wheel as soon as he was comfortable. Leaning against the wall, I crossed my arms over my chest as I observed the busy garage. People were rushing around all around, some of the computers, others on tablets, mechanics getting all their gear ready. 

Sebastian moved out, I watched as he moved away from the garage. 

"Well, I didn't expect to see you here today," the voice of the Charles spoke making me jump. 

Turning and looking at him I shook my head as I caught my breath. "Why wouldn't I be here?" 

"After your little performance last night," Charles nudged my shoulder with his. "You're going to get yourself into a lot of trouble with that temper of yours. So tell me, what did he say to you?"

I looked away from him, "I don't think it's any of your business." 

Charles sighed as he watched me, "Whatever happened, Sebastian wasn't best pleased." The young driver leaned against the opposite wall, "There's something about you. I just can't work it out yet."

Walking away from him, I headed to the changing rooms. I might have to hang about to work but that didn't mean I couldn't get changed. There was only so much I could do and say, I didn't want my dramas to get in the way of any of this. 

XOXOX

The hotel was loud in the evening. Laying on my bed, I stared up at the ceiling as I listened to the music, shouting and banging that was coming from throughout the hotels. 

Getting to my feet, I looked at myself in the mirror. Grabbing my phone from my night stand, I called Alice hoping for someone to talk to. 

"Oh my God!" She shrieked as she answered the phone. "It's only Ferrari's female test driver! I should be so privileged to get five minutes of her time."

"Shut up!" I turned away from the mirror and sat on the chair before putting her feet on the bed. "How have you been?"

Alice sighed, it was pretty loud. "I have so much to tell you."

"Come on then," I was happy to ignore my own life for now to hear other people's dramas. 

"Firstly, I have to let you know Matt and that girl broke up," she sounded well happy about this. 

I raised my eyebrows, "Why is this good news? I know that means we get to hang out with him again but don't you want him to be happy?"

"Wait a minute, wait a minute." She stopped me as she got excited, I could hear it in her voice. "I'm obviously sad for this girl he was seeing, sure, but things have changed."

Groaning loudly, I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Please don't say what I think you are going to say." 

My voice must have been quiet because the next words that came out of her words were exactly what I thought she was going to say right now. "Matt and I are together."

Biting my bottom lip, I breathed heavily as I tried to process the words she had just said. "Please tell me you are joking?"

She chuckled, "I know me and Matt haven't always seen eye to eye but it feels right. If it's a problem I'll call it off straight away, I know you and Matt-"

"Hold up," I cut her off. "Me and Matt nothing," I held my hands up even though she couldn't see them. "We are friends, we enjoy a little flirty banter," I sighed. "If you two like each other, I'm not going to stop whatever relationship you two want to have."

"You really are the best," Alice told me as I got back to my feet, doing squats on the spot.

"When did this happen?" I asked her as I moved up and down. 

She chuckled, "Officially yesterday,"

"Yesterday?" I shook my head as I held my position. "I hope you are sure about this. We both know Matt better than anyone else. You know what he's like when it comes to relationships and woman. I just want you to make sure you are one hundred percent on this."

Alice laughed, "I promise you, this just feels right." She laughed again, "So, I heard about you and Lewis."

"Trust me, there is no more anything between the two of us," I almost snapped. "After his little stunt, there is no more friendship."

"What happened?"

"Alice," I wanted to tell her, I think I was going to but there was knocking on my hotel room door. "I have to go, someone's at the door."

"You best ring me up and give me the details," she told me. "Speak soon, love."

I walked towards the door, "Bye babes." Ending the call, I yanked the door of my hotel room open before I shook my head to myself when I saw who was on the other side.