35.0 - Just Listening

Since word had gotten out that I was leaving the hospital, Sebastian and Karyn were not there to pick me up from the hospital, the race going ahead as planned. I was grateful to be greeted by Alice and Matt as I got out into the street, I was shocked to see them here. Having someone close to me was a blessing, I needed support right now more than I would ever admit. 

"Lewis called," Alice said as she wrapped her arms around me. "I wish I were here for you," I moved out of her grip, I loved having her here and the comfort she brought me, but holding me was too much. 

"Thanks," I managed to say as I looked up at Matt and give him a little nod of the head. 

He smiled down at me, "I've missed you." 

Looking up at him, I wanted to put my arms around him; I'd missed him. I had missed both of them, being away from home and my friends was hard. Seeing them both now made me realise just how much I had missed them. Being away and being busy made it easy to forget everything else, having them here made it all real. 

"Now," Matt guided me towards a taxi which he held the door open for me before I slid into the back next to Alice before he got into the front. He gave the driver the name of my hotel before he turned his head to look at me. "This thing you got going on with Lewis, are you going to sort it out?"

"Seriously," Alice spoke from next to me, which made me look at her. "If he calls me again for advice on you, I might just punch him whenever I see him."

I was confused by his actions; he was the one to start this issue that we seemed to have. We were only friends, I didn't understand why he thought he could play with me like that. 

"I don't want to talk about Lewis," I said as I leaned my head on Alice's shoulder. "Can we just get room service and watch crap on telly?"

Alice slipped her arms around me as she held me close to her. "I thought you might wanna watch the race, sweetie?" She suggested in a quiet voice before she kissed my hair keeping me next to her. 

Closing my eyes for a moment, I managed to hide in the darkness behind my eyelids as I muttered, "I think I've had enough of F1 for a bit."

XOXOX

I must have fallen asleep during the film Alice put on, I remember voices pulling me out of my sleep yet I kept my eyes closed as I listened. Some of voices were not there when I last had my eyes open.

"She's not said anything," Alice spoke as the sofa sprung up next to me, I guessed someone got off the seat. "I don't know what her doctor said to her, we don't know anything."

"Who is her next of kin? Can't they ring up and ask?" Karyn's voice asked, she was the logical one. If she was here, I guess Sebastian would be too. 

"It won't be her mother," Matt said. 

"Nor Natalie," Alice said before there was a dragged out silence. 

"Why don't we just ask her what the doctors said, when she wakes?" Sebastian posed the question, his voice filling me with a little sadness. It wasn't his voice that did it, it was the words that left his mouth. 

I knew myself too well and so did someone else. "She will only tell you what she wants to to know," Alice explained to him. "As for her next of kin, I have a strong feeling I know who it is, but you won't get anything from him."

"Lewis?" Matt questioned. 

There was no reply from Alice, the next voice was Sebastian's. "Lewis? Lewis is her next of kin?"

"If he is, he won't help us," Alice reminded Sebastian. She was right about that, he would never willingly give information to Sebastian, especially if it involved me. Lewis was playing a game with me at the moment, holding cards was good for him. 

"Well, for now, we just leave it," Karyn spoke up. "Megan might surprise you all. How long are you two staying?"

"Only a couple of days," Alice answered. "We're heading to Alaska to see Matt's brother," she explained. "Seeing the crash on telly made us take this pit stop."

I was surprised at how quick their relationship seemed to be moving. 

"When we're gone, promise me you'll look after her," Alice spoke again. 

"Of course," Karyn told her in a compassionate tone of voice. "She's a special one," she spoke kindly about me. 

"She really does love working with the both of you," Alice was just telling them everything I might have ever said. I decided I would have to tell them I was awake soon. 

"She's different," Karyn said, "Don't you agree, Seb?"

I waited but didn't hear his voice reply. 

"We have booked into a room, we better go and settle in for the night," Alice announced before I heard her and Matt say their goodbyes then the door opened and closed. 

"I best be going too," Karyn said. "Unless you want me to stay with her? I can keep an eye out tonight." 

"I have it tonight. I didn't want to go out with Charles and the young ones tonight, anyway." Sebastian was going to stay with me tonight, to keep an eye on me. 

I felt someone touching me, an arm moving me before I felt myself being lifted from the sofa. I opened my eyes and found myself in Sebastian's arms. "What are you doing?" I asked him as I used my hands to hold around his neck. 

"Putting you to bed," he told me as he placed me on the bed. He looked back at Karyn as I pulled the blanket closer to my face. "I'll see you in the morning."

She nodded, said her goodbyes before leaving. 

Then it was myself and Sebastian. 

"Can you lay with me?" I asked him as I looked over at him standing at the edge of the large bed. 

He looked at the bed before he nodded. He kicked his shoes off before he walked around and climbed onto the bed next to me. He laid on top of the blankets as he put his hands behind his head and looked up at the ceiling. 

"Thank you," I mumbled as I reached for him, putting my head on his chest. 

"What for?" He asked innocently as I listened to his quickened heartbeat. 

"Staying with me."