9.0 - Paola

MEGAN MOORE

The morning came around all too quickly. After I found a room to call my own, I just fell asleep after laying on the bed. I was awoken in the morning by the sunlight streaming in through the net curtains as I had left the thick white open when I laid on the bed. I showered before getting dressed, I didn't know what I would be doing when we arrived at work so I dressed in smart casual clothing ready for the day ahead deciding to take a holdall which contained my driving clothes. My outfit consisted of white trousers which stopped at the ankle, this was paired with a double-breasted white long-sleeved blazer with black buttons, underneath I wore a white cami top, not that I intended on taking the jacket off unless I had to get changed. I wore a pair of black stiletto heels with a pointed toe, I wanted to make an impression even if I did have to change into my driving outfit. I ran my brush through my blonde locks before letting them fall loosely around my face making sure it wasn't too bushy but had some volume to it.

Before I left the bedroom I put my phone and purse into my holdall making sure I had everything I needed. When I entered the kitchen I walked over to the coffee machine that was situated in the far right corner, I pulled out a mug and place in a pod before letting the machine do its work. 

"Morning," I heard a sleepy voice from behind me. 

I turned on the spot, spinning on the front of my right shoe and smiled when I saw Sebastian. "Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes." He looked like he had been awake all night, his eyes were dark and bloodshot, his hair was a state and when it came to his clothes it looked like he had simply grabbed the first things in his suitcase with no regard to whether he made an impression or not. 

He yawned before he leaned lazily against the white marble island in the middle of the room, "Don't you think you're a little overdressed?"

Looking down at my outfit I started to panic, maybe it was a little too much. When I was alone I only had my own opinion, now that someone mentioned it I was concerned. "You're right," I mumbled as I heard the coffee machine beep signalling it was finished. I picked up the cup and pushed it in his direction, "You take this, I need to get changed."

"No," he put his hand out in front of me as I tried to walk around the counter. "You look fine, don't get changed. We're going to be getting picked up soon."

I tried to read him, but he was impossible. "Is it too much or not?" I wanted an honest answer, most of the men in my life usually gave me that but I didn't know how Sebastian felt about telling a woman the truth especially when it came to how she looked. 

"Megan," he took his hand back. "You look fine."

Fine? I hated the word fine, it didn't mean anything. I felt fine most of the time, to me fine meant I wasn't happy or sad, I was just okay, fine. I sighed, "I'm going to change-" My words were interrupted by a buzz on the intercom system to the front door. I closed my eyes as I realised there was now no time to get changed, this was our ride to work. 

XOXOX

"Nice to meet you, Megan," I had been separated from Sebastian and escorted to the second floor by a male who had left me in a room with a woman who had introduced herself as Paola. 

I shook her hand, "And you." 

"Take a seat," she motioned to the chair behind the desk. I sat down as I smoothed down my clothes, I had the fact that I was always so professional at work because the heat was crippling me especially in the blazer. "Maurizio rang me," she smiled at me as she sat down opposite me behind her desk. "Before we get started is there any problems with the apartment?"