70

JUNGKOOK FOCUS:

He took a deep breath and looked up at the sky. He wasn't much of a believer but in his heart he did have a little Against the universe. He wondered why he couldn't have been among one of those children who grow up happily without any traumatic experiences like he had. with no one forcefully stealing their innocence. Whose parents love them, protect them and cherish them and then they find the one they really love just like that... without any misunderstandings, any lies and any truth untold.

No one was ever going to give him back his childhood and make it happy for him. He was on his own just like always. Nobody was going to replace shit for him and he knew that.

He had shifted again to his Seoul home after so many months, because he had to propose Sungmin and start living together. Maybe that would drown Kim's memories, he had thought.

He silently walked towards the canopy of flowers he had arranged for Sungmin, who had arrived there earlier. He didn't really want it, but there was just no choice.

He had given up on happiness, he knew there was none for him here on this earth, but at least someone would be happy if he did it. More than himself he was doing it for Sungy because at least one person would be happy... one less person would be hurt if he got engaged since the other claimed to love him a lot.

Sungmin gave him a toothy smile as he approached him and held out his hands.

"I was waiting for you..."

"I guess you know why I am here" Jungkook asked him sadly.

"Nope" Sungmin tried to be cute. He was cute, he just wasn't... Kim.

The cute little boy he met outside the coffee shop, the one he wrestled in the arena. Who was so brave, so kind, so so beautiful. The one who wasn't a boy biologically.

"Well?" Sungmin raised his eyebrows, getting impatient.

Jungkook reached into the pocket of his coat, his best suit, searching for the ring but couldn't find the ring. Instead, his hand brushed against a folded paper. He remembered he had left the ring on the dressing table.

Curious, he pulled the paper out and his eyes widened. It was your handwriting. How did that get in there? It read;

Dearest Jungkook

My love

I'm not so good at words but I want you to know how much I love you. I guess even if I was good with words I couldn't tell you. Every time I see you, my eyes literally tear up because you're so perfect and I just wish our love could be as perfect as you are too.

But it isn't.

I'm biologically a female.

I've wanted to tell you so many times but sometimes you don't get it, sometimes you don't give me the chance, sometimes I just don't get the courage because I am so afraid I'll lose you. That you won't look at me the same way again so I end up stealing just one more moment of your love.

But you are so kind to me, so considerate, so caring. I know you'll understand me when I tell you.  And so here I am, leaving this letter and many more hoping you'll find them and you won't just throw me out of your life. That you'll sit down calmly and think about it, and whatever you decide... I'll accept that but just know that I will always love you. So much more than anyone else can.