59

You reached the Jeon mansion in more time than you anticipated because you couldn't find a cab for a while and the traffic was so bad. You decided to wait for Junkook and Saera and tell them the truth after they return from the airport but the dim light from Jungkook's window told you you were in luck. You decided to go up and see if he actually was there.

With quick steps you went up and opened the door a bit. 

Jungkook was in the middle of the room, on his knees, lighting up tiny  candles. The creaking sound from the door made him look up and his eyes went wide.

"Kim?" he asked as he got up.

"W-what's going on Jungkook?" you asked as you looked around at the candle lit room , scented and decorated so beautifully with roses and lilies and God knows what else kind of flowers. "Weren't you supposed to get Saera from the airport?" 

"I sent the cheuffeur to get her and take her to our parent's home. I told her she couldn't live with me anymore. And instead of going to the airport, I stayed here because I wanted to prepare a surprise for you"

"S-surprise?"

"Yeah" he said as he pulled you closer and placed his hands on your backside" I thought I would officially ask you out, and then maybe do something naughty later" he pecked your lips as he squeezed your cheeks.

"Jungkook I- " you looked around, taking in all the effort he had put in in decorating the room. Roses, lilies, candles...

"What?" he asked, chuckling " You're going to change your mind again? Also, you're in a bit of trouble for ruining my surprise" he tapped the tip of your nose twice with his index finger, narrowing his eyes.

"Jungkook I have to tell you something..."

"Well... okay, but it better not be an excuse to get out of my bed...room." he smirked playfully.

"I.. I am.. I... I don't... I..."

"Why are you so nervous? I am supposed to be the nervous one here!"

"I... had.. have four brothers. Growing up with them I thought they were so cool. I wanted to be like them...I wanted to be a... a.. a boy. Like them. And I pretended until a large part of me stared believing it. But I am... still.. even after wanting it so much... recently more so, I am anatomically a girl"

"What are you even talking about?" Jungkook felt like his head was buzzing. The smile still dancing on his lips, he asked.

"I am not a boy biologically. I say that I am. I want to be, for you... But... I am not"

" You're... not...being serious, right?" The smile finally disappeared from his face.

"Jungkook I..."

The room was stagnant with a thick ugly silence. His hand slowly rose up and he traced your cheek ever so softly with his knuckles. His lips were a thin line. His expression  were unreadable.

He should've known, he told himself.

He had had that gut feeling all along that something was terribly off about this whole thing but he had ignored it. He had tried to suppress it so many times...

Your skin, it was so much softer than any guy he had ever touched. Even the guys who practically took dunks in lotion ended up being slippery instead, but your skin was so soft without any trace of artificialness. 

Your scent... it was so strange and yet so enticing. It smelt like oceans and flowers...

And he loved all these things... he didn't mind them as long as you were a boy.