71

warning: character death/ sensitive topic

You were late.

Sara had lost to her fears and PTSD before you and Jungkook got there. You didn't have it in you to see how miserable Jungkook was when both of you found her in her room. It was the saddest thing you had had ever to go through in your life. You wished she hadn't left, you wished you had known about her traumatic life sooner and saved her, you wish she had stayed. For anything... just anything.

But she ended her story before the happily forever after could be written there. An incomplete... sad story. You didn't judge her, you just wished she had stayed but you understood what she must've felt to see her mother bringing the man she despised so much, to their home. She must've been so scared and panicked...

You were relieved the Choi guy wasn't there at the moment otherwise Jungkook could've killed him. It wasn't because that man deserved to live, you just didn't want to see Jungkook bear the consequences of that too. Jungkook, a strong, powerful man was broken in that moment and you held him close to you, embracing him like a child until his tears soaked your shirt and he couldn't cry anymore.

Even through so much of grief, you did everything to honour Saera and send her away with the love she deserved. His mother wasn't available but he still held the funeral and you helped him with everything.

"You should eat something" Jungkook asked you as he noticed you sitting outside the funeral home. His eyes were red and puffy. He looked years older than he actually was.

"You cried again, didn't you? Jungkook... you need rest" you reached out to him and touched his face. He held your hand and brought it to his lips. He tenderly kissed you as if you were his lifeline. The only reason he was breathing.

"Sit down please..." you helped him sit and hugged him, and he held you, as if it would hide him away from all the pain this world had been giving him.

"I'm sorry. I wish it hadn't happened..."

"It's not your fault" he sobbed "I should've never left here. It was my fault"

"It isn't. Stop blaming yourself"

"Jungkook!" You heard a woman's voice and turned around to see a beautiful middle aged woman, dressed in black "How could you bury her without me"

"WHY DID YOU BRING HIM TO OUR HOME? WHY?" Jungkook stood up and yelled.

"No one else was willing to be with me. I'm getting older... less and less men want to be with me even though I've so much money..." the woman mumbled as she took a step back.

"This is your excuse? THIS IS YOUR FUCKING EXCUSE?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know..."

"Never. Never talk to me again"

"I'm your mother!"

"I wish you weren't! For your lust, for your pathetic desires, you sacrificed our childhood and now one of your children died because you couldn't keep your legs closed. I hope you enjoy your life to the fullest now because I am never seeing you again. Consider me dead too. You got rid of both of your children, congrats" Jungkook held your hand and stormed away, leaving her there, shaking in misery and disbelief.

He didn't want to go to his mother's house, he was staying at a hotel. He took you there and embraced you as soon as he closed the door.

"Jungkook..." you said as you ran your fingers through his hair, trying to calm him down "You need rest..."

You walked him towards his bedroom and tucked him in. You climbed in too and put your head on his chest.

"Tell me, what should I do? What should I do to go back to the times when you were living with me. I was so happy, my sister was alive, everything was so perfect..."