A Lake!

When the master of the house left, the head maid - Lucy, stood straight and looked at the kid beside her. The little kid innocently stare at the big lady in front of her.

Suddenly, the maid's large hand grabbed the little girl's skinny arm. The other maids are surprised by the sudden movement of the head maid. Others grasp while the others are about to save the little girl.

"Why are you this thin? You're like a walking skeleton!" Lucy worriedly asked. All the maids sighed in relief. Because of the difference in height and stature, they are afraid that Lucy will harm the little miss.

"Skeleton? What is that?" She innocently asked. The cuteness of the girl touched the heart of all the people there with her.

"Skeleton is the bone framework of  a human being to be able to stand, walk and support the bod- Ack!" One maid said but suddenly someone smack her arm.

"That explanation is too hard to understand for kids like her." Another maid said in a  matter of fact.

"Stop the chit chat! Some of you prepare the bath, others will prepare the room and two of you go find some small clothes for the little miss while Tanya, you go buy clothes right now." Lucy ordered and as soon as the order is said, they moved immediately. On the other hand, Tanya stared at the girl from head to toe and touched her arms, waist and measured her height. Tanya's strong point is that, even without measuring  tools, she can accurately tell a person's body measures.

Lucy, gently holds the hand of the girl and carefully lead the way to the bathroom inside a room on the first floor. As the preparations for  the bath are nearly done, Lucy removed the kid's dress or looking at it closely, the rag she is wearing. Pitiable is the only way the maids present can describe the little miss. Her face is cute at first glance but when you look closely, her skin is dry for her age and there are dark lines under her eyes. Her arms and legs are thin and looks very fragile, making one afraid to touch her for long. And her stomach is deep enough to show her ribs. Even her hair that is curly from the tip is so tangled like an old rope. But the worst part of it all is that, the girl doesn't even have any idea of what is happening around her.

"Why are you crying? Does it hurt somewhere?" The kid touched Lucy's cheek as she ask. Even the other maids are stopping their tears from falling.

"I-It's nothing, really. I just got a dust on my eyes." Lucy wiped her tears.

"Sorry." The kid replied.

"Why are you saying sorry? It's not your fault." Lucy added as she holds the girl's hands closely to her chest.

"It's because my clothes are dirty and dusty. It might be the cause for your tears. I will wash my clothes more often, so that you will not cry again." She said as she smiled to Lucy and the other maids.

They all bitterly smiled as Lucy hugged the little miss while holding back her tears even more.

"Let's go take your bath little miss. We will accompany you to clean you up thoroughly." The head maid holds her hand as they went inside the bathroom.

The kid stopped walking and  looks around.

"What's the matter little miss?" Amy, one of the maids, asked her.

"Where are we?" The kid asked. They looked at each other and then back to the little miss.

"In the bathroom, little miss. Why?"

"Bathroom? But bathrooms are supposed to be inside the house not outside." She replied.

"We are inside the mansion, I can assure you that." Lucy answered.

"Then, why do you have a lake inside the house? Even though there is a roof and walls. Did you bring a lake inside the house?" Innocently, she looked at Lucy.

"A lake?!" Amy exclaimed questionly.

She just nodded and pointed something in front of them. When they followed where she is pointing, they replied in chorus, "Oh...."

"That is just a bathtub attached to the floor. It is where you are going to take your bath." Lucy replied as she look into the kid's eyes, which is now beaming with excitement. "You can even swim in there and take your time bathing." She added which adds more shine to the kid's blue eyes.

"Can I? Really? Can I stay long to swim?" She asked clenching both her little fist like she's holding back her excitement.

"Yes. But not too long or you will catch cold." Amy smiled as she added that simple condition.

"Yes! I promise I won't stay too long! Thank you very much!" When she is about to run, Lucy grabbed her hand to stop her. Then she turned around confused.

"Before you swim, we should wash you first. We will scrub every nook of your body, shampoo your hair until it is cleaned and condition it to be untangled and remove the frizziness. Then scrub you again, shampoo and conditioner again, before you can enjoy your swim."

Her jaw dropped a little. "Ehh?? Why so many?"

They all just smiled at her and start the said plan.