My Little Princess

Bam!

A loud sound echoed throughout the mansion which made the people inside the room flinch. Their heads turned towards where the sound came from.

"Where's my daughter?" A loud deep voice resounded through the closed door of the parlour.

"She's sleeping in your room. We already changed her clothes and cleaned her lightly, master." The old lady, Lucy, reported as the door of the room opened.

Baron immediately stood up just from the sharp stare coming from the man they called "master". Althea, who is still sitting became stiff and did not even bother to see who it was that just entered the room.

"Good to see that you're still energetic, Ms. Peter." Albert said as he took upon the single chair and sat like a boss. Well, he is the boss. Althea gasped at his emotionless greeting as she fiddles her fingers.

"Take her to a guest room and let her rest, Vince call the family doctor to look after her. Check if she's still alright, especially her head. Afterwards, had the doctor stand by until I say so." With the way Albert spoke of it, they can't tell if he is joking or being serious about checking Althea's head literally or humorously.

Baron watched the scene before him silently. Ms. Peter who was so talkative  and hyper just a while ago was now being apprehended and was shut up as she exits the room mumbling to herself and pouting.

"Ah! Mary! She's still roaming outside! The kid is not safe as long as she's just around the corner! That one is crazy as crazy can be!" Baron turned to the man sitting then looked at the old dude standing behind him.

"Good day, sir. My name is Sebastian and the man here is the master of the Oldenburg family and father of Miss Loralei, Mr. Albert Louis von Oldenburg. You don't have to worry about Mary. We've already captured her and is now on her way to the prison." He said in a calm manner whichiathe opposite of his master's facial expression.

"I ... my name is Baron." He awkwardly bowed his head as he don't know any etiquette of the rich.

"I very much would likely to thank you for bringing my daughter back home .... but ..." Albert, still staring at Baron, raised his brow.

"Right. I am the one who kidnapped her in the first place and hurt her teacher. I should be with Mary inside the prison." He hung his head down because he knew he cannot escape the punishment for his crime.

"Good thing you are honest. But here's the thing. I don't want this to escalate any further and I want Mary to serve her sentence as soon as possible to prevent her from going near my daughter ever again. I want you to testify and be the witness to end the trial sooner." With his chin on top of his clasped hands, Albert offer him a choice.

He may be a poor guy living on the streets, but Baron knew that what he did just to live for another week, is something he will surely regret in the future if he decided not to correct it as soon as possible. The man infront of him is someone he cannot fathom to go against with. He can make Baron disappear for good if he wanted to and just thinking about it, made him shudder in fear. What other choice can he have other than accepting the offer placed before him? The man himself even gave him a chance to redeem himself out of  that misery.

"Alright. Just tell what I should do and say." Determined to help the child, Baron nodded in agreement which made Albert smirked.

"Sebastian." The old man nodded as he already understood what his master wanted without voicing it out.

"Go see the little miss. I will handle everything else here. Take a rest also." Sebastian answered as he bowed to him.

Albert went straight to his room and found his daughter sound asleep. He signalled the maids in wait to leave them as he lay down beside her.

"What a hectic week it is for the both of us." He mumbled as he slipped into slumber with every stable breathing of his daughter which sounded like lullaby to him relaxing his every nerves.

💐💐💐

"What have I done? I just want to be with my daughter. She is the only thing that I have. Is that wrong?" Sobbing and hiding her face on her palms, Mary asks the man in front of her inside that closed room.

"Mary... It is not wrong to see your daughter but what you did is not good either. Hiring someone to kidnap the Oldenburg kid is the mistake you've committed. Are you even aware of who you are going against?" The officer in-charge of the case answered in a sympathetic tone.

"You're wrong! My daughter is not part of that family! She will and never will be part of the Oldenburg!! She's mine!" Mary slammed both her hands on the table which made the officer had his eyes wide open in shock. Her instantaneous change of personality took him by surprise.

"M-Mary?" 

The woman started to bite her nail as she murmured words...

"They should've all died. If I knew this would happen, I should've made sure to bomb that place instead of just kidnapping Loralei." These words send chills to the man listening intently to her. In that moment, he knew that the woman he is talking to is not sane.

"I ... I will leave you for now. I'll be back to interrogate you again when you are feeling well." He exit the room without waiting for Mary's reply.

"That woman is insane! If not, who in their right mind would talk about bombing and killing that family in front of me?" He confided to his superior who is watching and listening to them on the next door, on the one way glass connected to the interrogation room.

"We've got to do something about this or she might not receive the sentence the Oldenburg wanted for her." Thinking about how different the sentences between sane and insane person can receive, they shall weigh them accordingly to appease the raging Albert Louis von Oldenburg. They both sighed.

"Just why? Why do we have to handle this case? Kindly tell me again, John." The superior glanced at the man named John as he sighed once more.

"Because this is our job? Sir?" He answered in a somewhat also confused tone.

They both watch Mary again, as she came back to being a timid and emotional person, crying and calling Lady Loralei's name and another person named "Anne".

☆~☆~☆~☆☆☆

I would just like to thank you for reading my story. Also, thanks for your votes and support.

🤗