BIRTH DAY

The windows are open and so is that door.
I didn't know they did that anymore.
Who knew we owned 8,000 salad plates?

For years I've roamed this empty halls,
Why have a ballroom with no balls?
Finally their opening up the gates!

There'll be actual real live people
It'll be totally strange,
But wow, am I so ready for this change?

Cause for the first the first time in forever,
There'll be music, there'll be lights,
For the first time in forever,
I'll be dancing through the night.

I don't know if I'm elated or gassy,
But I'm somewhere in that zone.

'Cause for the first time in forever ....
I won't be alone.

Today is Loralei's birthday party. The first day she'll be celebrating her birthday and her 6th birthday, that is.

And if you are thinking that she's the one singing the frozen song, then ... you're wrong! She's not. It is more accurate to say that the maids are thinking about that lyrics ever since they knew the upcoming event and have seen Loralei watch that movie. Because for as long as they know, there were never any party held in the mansion and if there were any celebrations that were to be celebrated, the mansion never did those.

It has been 9 nine years since Albert succeeded the ownership of the mansion and the businesses, he was about to be 27 years old by then. The first four years of succession made him busy with work but actually, the training time should be half of it, it took him too long for  the succession rights because of some happenings and disasters that he went through.

But now that all's in the past, the entire household are now in great celebration for the very first event that'll be happening in the household. Everyone is so excited and busy preparing and securing that all is in place and order for the day.

"Update, Sebastian." Albert asked as he finish the rest of the paper works to be read and approved on his study room.

"All is doing well, Master. The receiving room, the event hall, and all the three gardens including the green house are set. The kitchen staff and the chefs are now making the last preparation for the food and the serving staffs are being briefed for the last time for the celebration this afternoon till the evening. Only the Young Lady is not yet aware of it." Sebastian reported as he scans the memo pad he is holding.

"And Loralei?"

"She is still fast asleep but is about to be waken up any moments now. As per the breakfast or the morning celebration, all is prepared at the dining room and is now awaiting yours and the little miss' arrival." He, then, closed the memo and placed it inside the pocket of his coat. Albert nods his head as he straightened up his polo's sleeves. He decided to be in a semi casual style for this morning since it is just the two of them celebrating first before the grand celebration in the afternoon.

"Do you want to wake up the Miss now?" Sebastian asked that made Albert look his way.

"And why would I do that?" He asked with a sour look.

"Pardon me saying this...." Sebastian said in accordance to how he will now change the way he speak and added...

"Doesn't it make the morning more special that way? Little Lory being waken up by her own father, and him being the very first one to greet her a happy birthday. Walking together to the dinning hall and eat a feast happily and peacefully. Doesn't that look fantastic?" The old man's eyes are now shining like it is his birthday thay are talking about. Albert thought of it and sigh as he nod and make his way to wake up his daughter.

.
.
.
.
.

"Hey! Little girl! Wake up this instant!" Albert stood there on the side of the bed with both hands on his pocket. His voice was more of a command rather than a waking up notice.

"She's not a robot or a dog, Master Albert." Sebastian said in a low voice as he stood there by his side and he even bend his body forward a bit towards his master's side like a whisperer. Albert's face twitched a bit as he heard what his butler said and saw that the girl didn't even woke up.

'What the hell am I supposed to do here?' He thought of himself.

"Walk towards her and wake her up gently." Sebastian answered like he just read Albert's mind which made the latter raise his eyebrow in surprise.

Albert walked towards the bed and sat on the side as he gently tap the girl's shoulder. She made a grumpy sound as she tried to evade the hand shaking her.

"Not now, simba. I wanna sleep more." Her eyes were shut tightly as she murmured those words which made Albert smirk.

"Not Simba. Wake up Loralei or I will leave you alone and eat breakfast by myself." He said as he once again taps her shoulder. This time, hearing her papa's voice, the little girl opened her left eye first followed by he eyes blinking continuosly to wake herself up.

"Hurry up. I am hungry..." Albert added as he got up and stood there waiting for Loralei to get on her feet, too.

"Whaa.. wait for me papa. Lory will hurry up." She stumble as she try to make her way out of the big bed and under that huge blanket. Upon reaching the edge of the bed,she pondered on how she will go down but being unable to do so, she stared at her father who is watching her action.

"Papa!" She called out to him as she spread her arms to him. Albert automatically lifted her up out off the bed and down to stand on her own.

"Good morning papa!"

"Good morning.."

"Hrm!" Sebastian cleared his throat as he mouthed the words 'happy birthday' to his master.

"Also..." Albert kneeled to Loralei's level and hugs her.

"Happy Birthday Loralei."

"Birthday??? I have one?!" She excitedly confirms as she looked at her father's face and to Sebastian and the other maids around.

"Happy birthday young miss"

"Happy birthday Miss Lory!"

"Happy birthday!"

The people around her started to greet her accordingly to confirm that it is her birthday. She happily nodded her head and hugs her father tighter again.

"Thank you! Thank you everyone! I love you papa!" Lory said then kissed her father on the cheeks.

"Now, now. You need to dress up before we eat." Albert reminded her as she is still on her sleeping attire.

"Hm!" Lory nodded then rushed to Lucy to help her get dressed.

.
.
.
.
.

plop! plop! plop!

"Happy birthday!" It was a morning surprise to Lory made by the other staffs and maids awaiting them on the dinning room. The party poppers that they fired and their loud greeting surprised both the miss and her father which made Sebastian and Lucy laughed innerly at the memory of their faces.

"Surprise!" The chefs shouted as they gestured their hands towards the table full of foods with a big white cake with pink icing linings and flower candy decors.

"Wow! Thank you everyone!" With Lory's limited vocabulary, she cannot express her happiness with any other words so he continuosly thanks everyone around her.

Happily and leasurely eating meals...

Celebrating ones birthday...

Spending time together...

I have already forgotten about those feelings.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆☆

I am feeling so sorry....

For this story.

For having such a lazy author like me.

😱