Loralei's

"I will get Loralei once again. I cannot lose her, the only one Anne left to me. She's mine only. My own property and memoire." The woman said to her companion as they lurks in the dark alley not that far from the back gate of the Oldenburg mansion where maids and other staffs pass through.

"Have you heard what Sir Sebastian said?" one maid said to the other when they both are walking out with baskets on their arm.

"I know, I am there, too. Isn't it exciting that the little miss's birthday will be grandeur and open to all?" the other one answered as she check the paper she's holding.

"Yeah, how happy Miss Loralei might be if she woke up one day and discover her birthday party?"

"There were a lot of things to buy and prepare." She scanned once again the list she is holding and showed it to her companion then they walked faster than before setting aside their topic a while ago and rode the Mitsubishi Strada waiting for them for shopping.

"Birthday? Isn't that a good day to infiltrate the premise without being getting caught?" The man with the black hat said to the woman who is now walking away the alley.

"Are you insane? Didn't I say before that I cannot even get close to the main gate because of what happened the other time? The guards and security of that place marked my face already because I just want to see Loralei. I can't even step beyond the gate that day, you bird brain!" Her steps becomes more heavy as she remember that morning which made her lose face in front of a lot of many people living near the Oldenburg mansion. He just scratched the back of his head as he followed behind Mary deeper and deeper into the dangerous part of the city where the slum is located.

"So ... How will you get the girl if you cannot enter the mansion?" Baron asked as he looks like a fool with his pinky finger inside his ear.

"That's where you enter. You will be the one to guide her out of that place then towards me." Mary said as she threw a small pebble at the man to stop him from continuing what disgusting thing he's been doing moments ago.

"Oh! Okay."

"We'll just wait for a few more days then I can once again get the child in my hands."

"But ... Why do you still want the kid? You didn't even take care of her when she's still living with you."

"You don't have to know. Since I am the only one who can be with her. She's mine and mine alone." Her sharp gaze pierced the man which made him shiver in fear.

'She's a little crazy, isn't she?' he thought to himself because he does not have enough guts to voice it out loud.

Mary is the only 'mother' Loralei knew since she opened her eyes. She is the irresponsible woman who leaves Loralei with nothing to eat and alone for some days. The day Loralei saw the hidden letter inside a broken box together with a picture and some other things, it filled her with curiosity and thanks to some people whom she knew, they read the letter for her and interpreted that the man in the picture is her father while Mary was not there. Luckily, a man that is going to the city took her in to send her to the place. The little girl's curiosity gave her the courage to escape the day when her mother left for a week and went with Mr. Wellings, a merchant's delivery man living not far away from the entrance of the slum area where she's living in. They travelled for the whole night because the city is two provinces away from where they are from and because they arrived early in the morning, Mr. Wellings left her on the street that is written on the envelope.

"Err... Sorry, kid. I need to deliver this early or imma git scolded again. Hope 'ya find yer father soon and be happy." Mr. Wellings bid her good bye as he raised his hat a bit and then smiled.