She, whose singing lures men to destruction

After all the commotions in the bath, they finally got out of it. They stayed inside for about an hour or two just to clean the little girl.

Lucy struggles longer than she expects just shampooing the little miss' hair. It's just too curly and too long and the feels of it is that she didn't even washed it for about a week or so.

But after all the hard work of cleaning her, she looks different now. The girl shines more than before and her face and hair look stunning. She even enjoyed her play and swim for a few minute. The bath is actually deep enough for adults but they just filled half of it for the girl.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"What should we call you little miss?" Ella, another maid, asked as she help the girl to dress.

"Ah! My name!" She exclaimed in surprise.

"Yes, your name." Amy added.

"I forgot to say my name to papa. Will he be angry with me?"

"Of course not, he will not be angry because of that." Lucy answered.

"My name is Loralei. But others call me Lory." She said cutely then bowed down to them.

"Loralei? What a cute name." Ella said, but Amy patted her shoulder and whisper something.

"In German, her name refers to someone who wrecks a man's life." Amy said in a low voice.

"She, whose singing lures men to destruction." Lucy added as she continue to brush the girls hair and dry it with a blower.

Lory giggles everytime the air of the blower passes through her ears. She's too innocent to understand what they are talking about.

"What a name. What about your family name Miss Loralei?" Amy asked.

"Family name? Loralei is just Loralei."

"How old are you?" Lucy asked.

"I don't know. Mama said that I am her bastard for five years. What is a bastard? Is it my family name?" Lory faced Lucy to ask.

All the maids grasp at what she said. Lucy turned off the blower and put it away from Lory.

"Oh, no, little miss. Never say those words again. Those are not nice words." Lucy seriously warn the little girl. Lory just nodded in agreement.

"At least we know thay you are five years old." Ella said while lightly scratching her right cheek.

"How about your birthday?" Amy asked. As she adjust the tightness of the ribbon on her tiny waist.

"Hmm.... Should I have one? Mama said that only rich kids have birthdays to celebrate."

"What kind of mother was that? From name to birthday? Doesn't she have any ounce of love?" Ella murmured, just enought for Lory to not hear.

They didn't react anymore. They just focused on dressing up Lory. Even for  just a simple dress and tied up hair in a bun, she looks like a doll.

~grrrr....~

A sudden noise filled the room. Lory's face was now buried in both her hands. The noise came from her stomach. They looked at the clock, it's already past nine.

"Oh, my. It's this late. Come hither little miss and eat your food." Lucy said as she holds Lory's hand and guide her to the dinning area.

"Are we all eating together?"

"No. We finished our breakfast long ago. Just enjoy your dine, my lady." Lucy respectfully answered.

The other maids already got what Lucy wants to convey. If Miss Loralei didn't receive any love from her mother, it is not too late to show her how to be loved. And now that this mansion has a presence of a kid, maybe this place can be a lot livelier than before.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆☆☆

Thank you for reading..
Your vote is kindly appreciated. Hope ya enjoy the story.