Cuteness Overload!

Reading and writing.
Basic conducts and etiquettes.
Basic arithmetic.
Arts and Dance.

Four subjects. One teacher for each. Those were the subjects that Albert chose himself for Lorelei.

As an heir to the Oldenburg household, he said firmly that he cannot afford to have the little girl run around as she like and do things like a spoiled kid should do. So as per the child's request to learn, he will give her subjects that will benefit the family.

"Reading and writing, Basic conducts and etiquettes, Basic arithmetic, and Arts and Dance. Let me be clear, are these suppose to be the subjects for the little miss?" Sebastian asked Albert as they walk to his master's study room.

"They're the most basic of the basics. She can probably handle those subjects easily." Albert nonchantly replied but Sebastian just sighed.

"She's just barely six years old if ever you just forgot, Master Albert." Sebastian replied emphasizing the age of the girl.

"And so?" Albert just ignored the sarcasm in his butler's answer, well, that or he is just dumb enough not to realize what Sebastian means.

"Human beings with the same age as her, especially those who did not receive prior education, only learns how to identify letters from each other and the numbers from one to ten. Also identifying and naming colors and shapes." Sebastian explained.

"Get straight to the point, Sebastian." Albert said.

"I think she will not be able to handle all those subjects. She's just a little girl in need of play time and freedom. She's just less than six." Sebastian explained more to drill it to his  master's head.

"Playtime? Didn't she already had much of that since years ago? And for Pete's sake, she's about to be six! Give her all those lessons first and let us see what she will do." Albert waved his hand and just dismissed him just like that as he enter the study room.

"Oh, and by the way, get me those documents about the kid. I need to study them." He added before closing the door.

"What does he need to review them for? He had read that document a few times now." Sebastian asked himself as he sighed and walk to get the documents from his master's bedroom.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"You hire the tutors for the kid. You already have the subjects, right?" Albert said as he read the files carefully. He didn't notice it at first but there are some records on Anne's life that doesn't match the others. It is like there are some deleted records or events and it is covered up very carefully.

Albert signalled Sebastian to come closer and showed him the files.

"Look at these. Some records here doesn't match the others." Albert lined up the files that he read and found a bit confusing. Sebastian, on the other hand, took out his small memopad and wrote down the conflicting datas.

"Look more into this part. I don't like what I think it is, but, try finding my father's activities since I went abroad. Include also my brother's. If ever he did anything worthwhile in his life." Albert thought of his daughter once more and the life she had been through.

This time, I will protect you in her stead. Albert said to himself as he lean his back on his swivel chair and stare at the ceiling for a while.

Anne. How come you didn't even contacted me even once since then? Did you have a change of heart? But that is impossible, we have a child. What happened that tore us apart? What happened to you?

As questions flooded Albert's mind, he slowly tries to reminisce their time together until his head hurts and his forehead curved.

"Sebatian. Order someone to bring me my tea." Albert muttered but enough for Sebastian to hear.

The butler bowed shortly and left to talk to someone outside the room and entered again to continue his work.

After a few minutes, Albert continue to read some new contracts and project proposals to distract himself from thinking too much of someone.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Faint knocks disturbed the silence in the room. And when Sebastian opened the door, small footsteps echoed the room. Albert instantly looked at the one making the noise.

"Hi papa! I brought you the tea!" Loralei energeticly said as she pushed the cart gently.

"And since when did you became a maid?" He said as he eyed Sebastian and Lucy sharply. The two people are watching the little miss carefully so that they can rescue her if anything happened.

"I am not maid. Lory is Lory. And I want to see you so I asked Lucy to let me give you your tea." The little girl parked the cart on the side slantly facing towards Albert who is now leaning on the right side of his chair avoiding the edge of the metal thing that Lorelei pushed on to his left side.

Sebastian immediately grabbed the cart and dragged it properly on the side far from their master. The poor cart had now a small bent from bumping the wooden table in front of Albert.

"You just saw me few hours ago." Albert sarcastically said as he place the folder he is reading on the tabletop.

"Can I be here? Watch you work? I promise to behave." Lory asked her father in a begging tone with her small hands clasped together and her blue eyes glimmering in the light.

A typical cuteness overload thought by Lucy and Sebastian who can't help but smile. But Albert found it a bit cringy and caused him to wince. He answered her with a sigh and pointed the sofa on the side.

"Sit there. Behave and don't make any noise." Albert said as he signalled Sebastian his tea.

"Ok! Thank you papa." Lory nodded as she ran towards the chair his father pointed a while ago. The chair is a massage sofa and is too big for Lory to climb so Lucy helped her sit to the chair. But then Lory tugged the Maid's apron and whispered something to her.

"It is so fluffy, Lucy." She said on Lucy's ear.

"Why are you whispering little miss?" Lucy asked in a small voice.

"Didn't you hear papa? He said not to be noisy. So I just whisper to you." Lucy chuckled but then the little girl hushed her.

"Shhhh! Papa will be mad if you are noisy." Lory, then, covered Lucy's mouth with both her small hands. The maid just nodded in agreement to her cute logic.

But their whispering is loud enough for the two man to hear. Sebastian smiled at the small act while Albert smirked.