Cherished by All

With her long hair braided meticulously decorated with pins of pearls and small flowers, the last hair ornament placed on her head is a thin tiara that shines brightly when in contact with light.

Her long eyelashes flutter as she look at herself in the mirror. With nude color combinations of eyeshadows painted on her vividly white skin, her eyes shone like an ocean basked in the grand light of the day. Her cheeks flushed pink as her thin pink lips curved into a smile.

People who were with her inside the room were all in awe with her final touches as they all think of the same thing. She looks definitely like a deity who descends on earth to give blessings and love to mankind.

"You look stunningly beautiful, my dear." Albert who entered the room knocked the open door to catch her attention.

"Papa!" Loralei got up on her feet as she await her father to be near her for a big hug.

"How come you're this beautiful even if you're still young?" Albert asked as he stare at her like he's memorizing her daughter's face.

"I am not a kid anymore. You know that. Besides, how can I not be this beautiful if my parents have those kind of looks, right?" Loralei looked around to see the maids nod in unison.

"Enough of this. We've gotta go now, Al." A woman beautifully dressed in a peached-colored long dress entered the room with Sebastian on her side.

"Mom! Grandpa! Look at me, aren't I beautiful? They all did their best to beautify me." Loralei greeted the two. As Sebastian became Loralei's grandfather, he still did not quit the secretarial job and stayed by Albert's side. And with him is Lory's stepmother for some years now. Their story may not be that romantic for some and may even look too stupid for others, but for Loralei who played a crucial part in their matchmaking, she's proud to say that she have a wonderful mother who raised her with great care and love alongside her father.

"That is not true, ma'am. We did the most minimal effort as you are already beautiful enough." One maid answered which made the miss blush more.

"Aye! They were right Lory." Sebastian answered followed with a hearty laughter of the family members.

"Ohh... stop teasing her. We're already late as it is." Her mom said as she grab Albert on the arm and pull him far from Loralei.

"We'll wait for you at the car, my dear." She waved at Lory as she drag both the men out of the room.

"Yes, mom. I'm just right behind you." Loralei walk carefully holding a part of her long dress, with the assistance of the other maids they made it to the limousine waiting for them.

It has been years now since the kidnapping incidence when she was six. Many things happened throughout the years up until that very day. Mary was sentenced to be imprisoned at a special facility for someone with the same violent and dangerous mental issues like her. Baron found a decent job with the help of Sebastian and had been good friends with Althea since then. Loralei herself holds a high position at her father's company and is now under training to inherit the company.

As she watch her family members talk and reminisce some happy memories of the past years, Lory can't help but shed tears of happiness and fulfilment. Seeing her tear up, Albert and Sebastian immediately hands over a box of tissue and her mother retouched her makeup. Lory smiled at how blessed she became with the family she have right now. Their attention was then turned at the sound of the church bells as their car halted.

Everyone, except for Lory, got out of the car and lined up after talking to some other people waiting for their arrival.

With his hand offered to Lory, Albert gently help his daughter out of the car and squeeze her hand.

"You're a very beautiful bride, my princess. If he ever make you cry, I'll threw him to the Pacific Ocean or even inside the Bermuda Triangle for you just give me a word." Albert said as they walk slowly through the aisle in the song of "Take My Hand". She smiled at how silly the words that came out of his once stern father.

"He always made me cry... with happiness now-a-days." Albert smirked at his daughter's come-back.

"Let her... Take my heart and take my hand. Take my heart and take my hand. Take my heart and take my hand again and again right where we stand." The groom suddenly started singing the chorus before spreading his hand to offer to take Loralei from his father's.

"If I could just reject you, but I can't. Just make her happy."

"Yes sir. I promise you that I will do the very best I can to make her happy for as long as I live."

"I just hope you hold your words true." Albert handed the bride's hand to her groom after kissing her cheeks. As they look at each other, they smiled as their eyes began to form tears.

"Take my heart and take my hand. I'll be your lover and I'll be your friend. Take my heart and take my hand again and again right where we stand. ... I wanna spend my life with you." Both of them sang the last chorus until the song ended and only the instrumentals remain as they walk a few steps towards the officiating officer.

Everyone was surprised the moment they both sang that made the start of the wedding looked like a musical theater act instead of the real thing. The guests, witnesses and family of the couple were all in awe and smiles as they all watch the two people happily and lovingly recite their vows and exchange the rings.

"This is really a happy day." Jared said to Albert when they were alone at one part of the reception hall. Albert hugged the young man who he had also watched grew up alongside his precious daughter up until this present day that they were both professionals and at that age.

"Be happy, Red." Albert bid him goodbye as he went towards his daughter who is talking to her friends. Red wiped the tear that silently fell from his eye as he compose himself and smile.

The End.

.

☆~☆~☆~☆☆☆

🤗