What are you waiting for? Go!

Knock. knock. knock.

"Master, I've come with your tea." Sebastian announced as he wait for my command.

"Come in." I removed my eyes from the documents I am reading and pinch the bridge of my nose. I want to sleep but I cannot. My insomnia is attacking me again.

"Another headache?" Sebastian asked and I just nodded lightly.

"The medicines are not as effective as before. If I asked for a higher effective drugs, it might affect my body and brain in a negative way." I closed my eyes and rest my head in the chair facing up.

"Maybe you need to rest longer and let your body heal naturally. Have a vacation somewhere. And bring the  little miss along too." Sebastian recommend as he pours the tea.

"Why would I bring along that child? She'll just add more stress to me." I drink the herbal tea Sebastian placed in front of me. He said it helps with the fatigue but I can't feel any effect on me.

"Just spend a bit time with her. Try to know her better." Sebastian said as he collects the documents I am reading a while ago and placed them on the table farthest from me. I just sighed.

"Maybe next month. After I finish all the important meetings and documents. Find the suitable place, quiet and child-friendly." I started to walk towards my bed and  lie there.

"As you wish, master. Good night." Sebastian then open the bedside lamp in a very low light and turn off all the  other lights in my room.

"Hmm." I just replied as I bury myself in. I closed my eyes, yet even after few minutes, I can't sleep. I turn around and toss myself trying to find a suitable position for sleeping and finally staring blankly and let my mind wander somewhere.

"Al. Hey Al. Wake up."

"Five more minutes." I just mumbled as I bury my head more in the soft pillow.

"But you're going to be late for your work." She said in a sweet voice.

"Alright. I will get up if you kiss me." I teasingly said as I turn around to face her. I open my left eye a little and smiled as she blushed.

"Albert! You bad, person!" She  said as she lightly hit my chest. It made me laugh as she continue to hit me while her face is red from blushing. I grabbed her right hand and pull her towards me then hugs her very tightly.

"Good morning Anne. I love you." I whispered to her and then kissed her forehead. She hugged be back and buried her face on my chest as she mumbled the words I always loved to hear.

"I love you too, Al. But.... why did you left me?" I loosen my hug and saw her face with blood dripping and her white dress with rips and blood stains. Her angelic face has dark spots caused by constant hitting and her soft lips has cuts.

I immediately stood up and took a step back.

"Why? Albert? Why did you leave and left me all alone here?" She crawls towards me. She drags her lower body as she crawls and leaves a trail of blood.

"No. I don't know what you're saying. I didn't leave her alo-" I shout as she crawls near me and tries to grab my leg.

"You leave me for work and did not return! You left me tending for myself and my child! You killed me!" She grabbed my shirt as she crawls up to me and stains me more with blood.

"No! It's not me! Anne!" I woke up screaming these words and panting. Sweats dripping down my face.

"That dream again. When will you let me be, Anne? If I die?" I mumbled as a pain in my chest struck me.

I looked at the clock on my side table, it's only 3:30 in the morning. I let my feet off the bed as I run my fingers through my wet hair. After a few seconds, I stand up and grabs a glass of water to drink before doing my daily routine.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

As I am about to enter the car, I heard someone shouting so I stopped and turn around.

The very moment I turned, the little kid hugged my leg as her head is buried in it. It reminded me of my dream as I saw her blond hair on my leg and with her red dress that reminds me of blood. I am about to push her away when she looked up to me and smiled. My hand stopped midair.

She is not her. She is different. I reminded myself.

Her clear blue eyes are looking straight at me. As she said the words I've never imagined to hear.

"Goodbye papa. Have a safe trip and do your best out there!"

My mind went blank and before  I knew it, I am patting her head gently. When I realized my action, I cleared my throat and just nodded as my reply to her then immediately entered the car. Sebastian was smilling when he entered the car and the driver was looking at me.

"What are you waiting for? Go!" I snapped their attentions back to reality.