Left Dumbfounded

It's been a week now since the topic of Loralei's education came up. And today is the first time the girl will meet her tutors.

"Lucy, are we going to see papa?" Lory asked as she holds on to Lucy's hand as they walk down the hall to meet the master of the house.

"Yes. Master Albert will be going to a very far place so you have to see him off." Lucy explained.

"Very far place? How long will he be gone?" She asked as she looks on the big door in front of her.

"Two weeks atleast. He have work to take care of. But don't worry, Sebastian is with him to protect him." When they reached the front door of the mansion, Lucy let go of her, letting the little miss run towards her father.

"Papa! Papa!" Lory shouts as she ran towards Albert with arms wide open for a big hug. Albert knelt down with both arms reached out to catch her.

"Papa. Have a great day and always take care." She reminds her papa as they hug each other tightly not minding the people watching them especially the tutors waiting for further instructions.

"Yes. Yes. You too, listen to Lucy and behave. Also, study very hard." Albert caressed the little girl's back before lifting her up.

"These will be your teachers. I want to hear from them how smart you are. Is that clear?" Albert instructed as he showed Lory the people infront of them.

"Oh! The tutors! Yes, papa. Lory will study very hard!" As her right arm holds unto Albert's shoulder, her left fist clutched in determination. The man chuckled while Sebastian sighed.

It's a good thing that Albert is now in a good relationship with the little miss but, with his expectations on her, he doesn't know how to control himself anymore. He can't understand that not all people are as genius as him. And that is the dilemma Sebastian is always facing.

Albert faced Sebastian who is shaking his head in distress.

"Just trust me. Loralei is smarter than you think. Don't you trust my judgments?" Albert reminded Sebastian and the latter just nodded. Albert put Lory down and is about to leave when Lory tugged his coat lightly. When he knelt down again, the little girl draws her face near Albert's ear.

"Papa..." Lory whispered to him.

"Yes?" He answered in a low voice facing her. But then Lory kissed him on the cheek which left Albert dumbfounded.

"I love you. Come back soon." Lory added before she ran towards Lucy.

Albert smiled. He still can't get used to Loralei's little surprise every time. He got up and tucked his coat in place before waving goodbye to the girl and enter the car.

Well, I guess not all kids are unlikeable after all. Loralei's an exemption. Atleast for me. Albert thought to himself with a grin.

It's more than a month now since Loralei came to the mansion. And within that month, she truly transformed the mansion inside out. As the master of the house, he first don't believe the changes, but the difference in the staff's behaviours and their obvious happiness from each passing day is a good sign of change. And all those things and changes are from the little miss' existence. Thanks to her, the mansion which was once a house became a home.

.
.
.
.
.

Inside the mansion; Loralei's study room.

Together with Lucy, the little miss feels very excited to meet her teachers and to start studying. She almost dragged Lucy to the room.

"Lucy, why did papa get three teachers?" Lory asked when she  remembered the people her papa showed her that morning.

"One for each subject. I am also one of your teacher, little miss." Lucy answered.

"Really?" Lory's eyes beamed with excitement. Lucy nodded as answer. Then there came knocks on the door of the room before it opened and enters the three teachers.

"Good morning, Young miss." Greets the three in unison. Lory stood up and walked slowly towards them and do a curtsy.

"Good morning. My name is Loralei. Please take care of me." She humbly said to the three which made them a bit surprised. Lucy actually started teaching her some basic etiquette a few days ahead already. Lory looked at the head maid. The latter just nodded as a sign of her doing a great job which made the little girl giddy.

After introducing themselves and the subject they are going to teach her and the time of the day for their class, they immediately started their own evaluation of her.

The first subject is Reading and Writing. Mrs. Villa gave her a diagnostic test to determine her level accurately. And to her surprise, she can read already and she also memorized the alphabets but her writing is a mess. Her knowledge is more on the oral and memorization side and finds it hard to write the letters and words down. The same was determined by Mr. Chen who will be teaching her mathematics. She can recite the numbers and recognize them and she can even do addition mentally but finds it hard to write them. And even when the kid was asked to draw something she want by Miss Peter (Arts & Dance), at her age, she created a good presentation of things around her.

All the tutors were left dumbfounded by her wit. They must drill her the basics of writting as soon as possible because the potential of the kid is so great. And they all agree that she will fly higher and soar further and that is the very reason they are very eager to teach her.