Agony

[A/N: The next chapters will probably be the last of all the throwbacks of the past. 🙇 ]

.
"I am pregnant. But Al is busy with work right now. Ah! He will be back after two more weeks from Japan. This will surely surprise him!" Anne said to herself as she wait there on the bus station

She just found out about her pregnancy few days ago when she went to the hospital due to her vomitting and was nervous if she had just eaten something bad. She was then referred to an obstetrician at the same hospital.

Upon hearing the good news, she immediately thought of Albert and how great that news is, but she decided to hold it for now as she wants to surprise him and see his reaction first hand. After years of living together, this is the next best thing that happened to her and to Al.

"I can't wait for you to meet your papa. I'm sure he'll be overjoyed and cry." A smile form at her face as she sat there and is waiting for her ride and holding her flat tummy when a black BMW parked in front of her. She just got out of a clinic for another checkup and to buy some supplements recommended for her to avoid extreme morning sickness.

"Miss Annita Salve?" A man in black suit asked when he pulled down the window. Her brows knit together as she stares at the man trying to remember if she know him.

"I am Xander von Oldenburg, Albert's father. I would like to talk to you over lunch. Are you free today?" He added as another guy, his driver, opened up the door of the car for Anne to come in. She instantly removed her hands on her stomach as to not give any clue to him. Albert warned her in advance that she should also be wary of his father aside from Allan.

After thinking for few seconds, she sighed deeply and enter the car. She hardened her expression and focused her attention outside as the silent car ride continues.

"I bet Albert told you to be wary of me, right?" Xander abruptly said after the long silence.

" ..... " she didn't answer just because she don't want to say anything, but that she don't know what to say to that seemingly honest question.

.
.
.

"I see. So he really did." The man laughed heartily at my silent answer. I bit my lip as a little guilt seeped from me.

"Don't worry I won't do anything to you. I just want to meet the woman my son was so fatuated with." He looked at me with warmth but then it disappeared immediately.

"I see." I shortly replied as to not warm up too soon to him.

"You know, Albert used to be a very aloof kid and doesn't talk to anyone. He just talk if you ask him a question and the answer will be limited to only few words. The very opposite of Allan." He stared at the road in front of us but his gaze is like into the river of memories.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked him as to not understand what he want from me.

"He changed since he met you. He became more human rather than a machine. Thank you."

"We're here, sir." The driver interjected before he got out of the car and open the door for him and then for me. We arrived not at a high class restaurant, but a humble restaurant not too shabby and old but has a relaxing vibes within. The interior is like a normal eatery but there were also available room for group reservations which is where we headed.

"Both Albert and Allan doesn't know of this place. I never intended them to ever know."

"But this is a nice place. Why not?" My eyes roamed around and found vintage photos of group of people as design to the wall aside from the peaceful arrangement of every furniture within the room.