Escape Plan

Anne woke up inside a room unfamiliar to her. That is not her room, neither is any of the room on their house.

"Where am I?" She sat up and is about to go out of bed when she felt something cold and heavy attached to both her feet. She was chained on the wall. She can only walk up to the inside of the room and cannot even go near to the door. There were even no windows inside the room just the door that may or may not be leading outside and another leading to the bathroom. Inside the room was just a bed, a chair and a table and a small shelf with different kinds of books. No TV, no telephone, no radio, not a single thing for entertainment aside from books.

"What the hell are these chains?" She tried to get her feet off of the chains but it seems too tight as she moves. If it was a simple handcuffs tied to a chain, she can easily undo it using a pin but the chains were made for a prisoner and it is padlocked for good. They really thought of something that cannot be easily unlocked.

Click. Click. Bam.

She heard noises outside the far away door before it opened before her. She saw a prison-like cell door before the wooden door. She was locked securely with two different doors and both were full of locks. She saw two more padlocks aside from the door knob on the wooden door and a keyhole and chains with another padlock on the iron cell door. She felt like she's a criminal with records off the charts to be imprisoned like that.

"Who are you? Where am I? What are you going to do with me?" Anne shouted to the woman, who by the looks of it, doesn't age much older than her. She holds a tray of food on hand as she went straight to the table and place them there.

"My name is Mary. I am to serve you and help you with your needs to ensure you are comfortable with your living here." The woman introduced herself as she pours water to a glass.

"You are still in England but the exact location is a secret. Sir Allan pays me to keep you healthy and at the same time not to escape for ever." She added with a cold tone. It sent shivers down her spine as Anne recall Allan with the face of her beloved but of a character of someone else.

"Why are you doing this to me? I didn't do anything to him. Just why?!" Tears started to fall off her as her sobs ran out of control.

"You need to eat now. I am not to go out of here until I watch you finish your meal." Mary's expression didn't even change as her poker face and monotone voice commands her to take her meal.

"I don't like to. I am not hungry." Anne firmly said with tears on her face but the woman just stood there without any reaction.

.
.
.

"I understand. I will leave you the water. I will come back in the morning." After few minutes of waiting for me to eat, she backed down leaving only a paper cup and a big plastic bottle of water on the table. She immediately cleared up the table and walk away.

After closing the door, I heard a lot of locking sounds before the woman, probably finished with securing the locks, walked away and silence fell once again inside the room.

"I cannot stay here any longer. Al will be worried about me." I said to myself as I imagine him calling on my phone as he always do every night.

"If he knew I was not able to answer his call, then maybe, he will send someone to find me. I know he will find me soon." I hoped for it to be sooner because I cannot hide the fact that I am pregnant if this event stays any longer.

.
.
.

But days went on and on and Anne lost track of the dates or even the time. After some time of hunger strikes, she also decided to eat as it will not be a good thing for her and the baby but she still kept quiet about her pregnancy. She didn't grew thin, yet her eyes were not far from that of a sick person with bags under her eyes and her skin pale.