That kid is my....

(Just a few moments after they left the mansion this morning)

On the way to the company, Master Albert was rubbing his forehead as he lean towards the window.

"Hand me some medicine for headache, Sebastian." He said as he just open his palm towards me. I opened my bag and got him what he needed together with a bottled water.

"Here you go sir."

"Tell me." Albert said after a few minutes.

"Yes, sir?" I replied.

"Tell me, what just happened back there?" His voice is low but the anger is obviously held back based on his tone.

"Well, as per usual, I knocked up your room to call you for breakfast and to update you of your schedule for today and afterwards, you eat peacefu-"

"After all that 'as per usual' of yours." He cutted me out.

"Oh! You mean how a kid claiming to be your kid showed up in front of you and hugged your leg?" I teasingly asked.

"Yes! That thing that happened!" He exclaimed like an excited kid. I can't help but smile at him. After realizing his action, he sit back properly and shifts his tie in place.

"Yes, that clearly happened. I believe so. And why is the sudden curiosity, sir?" I asked in an indifferent tone.

"Exactly! My point is, send someone to investigate that kid and as much as possible, I want all the details pertaining her, her address and life, and her mother. Especially about her mother. I want to see it on my desk before the day ends." He firmly ordered as he clenched his fist.

He once again took out the letter and re-read it. After reading, or more specifically, after confirming the content, he crumpled the paper and threw it at me.

"This is also part of your assignment."

• • • • • • •

After arriving at the company, work began. Checking of files, documents and contracts to confirm, meetings to attend, and additional investigations to work out for me.

And before the day end, by 15:00, I am now reviewing all the reports I've gathered regarding the investigation. And when push comes to shove, even a DNA test result can be acquired with a reasonable amount of money including the hush payment.

I entered Master's private office with the files on hand. He's still busy reading a new contract sent by a new business prospect. I placed all the documents on the tea table and arranged it by topic and by year.

"All the files regarding Lady Loralei and her mother are in here, sir. Arranged by topics of their biography to all their records on the government even the DNA results." After saying my part, I just stood there. He dropped the contract he's reading and looked at me with a frown.

"Who is that Loralei?" He asked.

"That is, Sir Albert, the child's name. Your daughter's name." I replied in a stern look. I don't want to provoke him more than what I've done since the morning.

He immediately got up from his desk and scans the documents I carefully placed on the table.

"My what?" He asked as he skim through the files of the kid.

"Your daughter, Master Albert." I replied firmly.

He slumps into the sofa while reading the DNA result and the legal document of the little girl named Loralei Oldenburg.

"As the young miss and the mother lived a frugal life, there were no more valuable information that we can gather aside from some talks and stories from the same place. But it will still take a lot of time to gather and confirm all of them. And people there don't all have lose mouth. It is either to protect one of their own or you need payment for the informations." I added as I stand there looking at that master of mine.

"J-just do whatever you can to gather all the datas. I don't care how much you will need as long as I can have what little detail I want about them." His expression suddenly changed. His aura became darker and darker as he read more and more of the life they've been living up until recently.

"That kid is really my.... How come I don't know about her until now?" He mumbled to himself.

As he read more, I walked towards the pantry and made him a cup of coffee as he study all the details collected. I bet there will be a long dinner time later. I just hoped that the little miss had her afternoon nap so that she won't fall asleep in the middle of her Papa's preaching.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆☆