Let Him Be

"I want to talk to Allan. Where is he?" Albert asked as soon as he opened the door on his father's room.

"He's not here. I sent him away for a while to cool down." The old man never even spent a second to look at him and just continue to read a magazine.

"Sent him away? To cool down? How could you do that?! He stepped over  the line this time! He tried to harm someone just to take his stupid anger on me!" Albert cannot hold his anger anymore as he shouted in front of his father which he never even dared to do before.

Albert just got home after he provided Anne a new place to stay which is tightly secured. They even moved some of Anne's personal things including some of her art materials to the apartment. Resulting for his late return to their manor.

"That's the reason why I sent him away. I didn't raise both of you to cut each other's throat." Xander closed the magazine and threw it on the table.

"Are you just going to turn blind eyes on his wrong doings?" Albert tried to calm himself down as he want to understand what is the meaning of his father's actions.

"You have no say on how I will discipline your brother. You are just a son of mine just like him." Xander's voice echoed on the room as he cannot take anymore of Albert's questioning.

Hearing those words, it is now clear to Albert that the favored one will never be disciplined. He walked out of that room and slammed the door in his anger and disappointment.

"He is not worth of your protection. And you will see that soon." Albert said to himself as he walked away.

'Why does it has to be Allan? What did their father saw on him to pamper him so much and to the point of giving him a multimillion inheritance?'

Albert walked straight to his room and asked Sebastian to find Allan. Thinking that even if their father can send him away, he cannot escape. He should pay for what he did. He will be welcomed home by a letter from a lawyer.

"Sebastian." Xander called Sebastian who just got out of Albert's room.

"He's searching for Allan, right?" Xander asked and without answering, Sebastian knew that the master of the house know what his answer would be without a word.

"I won't say don't do it. Work hard and assist Albert well." Xander walked passed him after tapping his shoulder. Sebastian, with dumbfounded expression on his face, just shakes his head and dialled someone to investigate and follow Allan's whereabouts and to report every hour of his actions.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Don't worry about me. I am doing fine. And we didn't even have to go to the graduation, by the way, so I'll just stay here doing my stuff." Anne continue to organize her painting stuff as she talk to Albert on the phone. He often calls her to ask for her health which is too overprotective and worrywart for someone who is labelled as cold-hearted by everyone.

"I am just checking."

"You are always checking up on me. You don't have to worry that much 'coz I am doing just fine and this place is secured enough for protecting me."

"I am just worried because Allan is still nowhere to be found. And it has been almost a week." Upon hearing the situation, Anne didn't have the courage to utter any word. She still don't want to hear that taboo name because it reminds her of bad memories.

"Anne? Are you alright?"

"Al.... I miss you." Anne replied.

"...."

"Al?"

"I'll be right there. Just wait for me." Albert then hang up the phone. In Anne's surprise of what he said, she just stared at the phone for a few seconds before putting it down and continuing her cleaning.