Peaceful Slumber

"Today, papa will come, right?" Loralei asked as she pulled Lucy's skirt to catch her attention.

"Yes. They will be here any minute now. So, let us go and welcome them home." Lucy replied as she held onto the kid's hand and walked in little steps to match the lady's pace.

"What about Simba and Nalla? And my teachers?" The little lady knew that it is almost time for her lessons but it also time for her father to come home after so many days.

"The master excused you for today so there will be no classes. You will resume your studies the day after tomorrow. And in regards for Simba and Nalla, they are waiting for you outside." The head maid said as she points out to the open door. Both the dogs are sitting there, behaved, and with a dignified posture proudly showing their new dog tag.

"Simba! Nalla!" Lory called out to the puppies. Upon hearing her voice, both of them ran towards her and surround her with their tails wagging almost like a fan. After patting both of their heads, Lory continued her walk towards the front door with her puppies walking on both her side like bodyguards.

The gates opened and a car goes in. It is  Albert's silver-colored porsche. Sebastian was the first one to come out and walked to the other side of the car to open the door for his master.

"Papa! Welcome back!" Lory said as she hugs her father's leg. The man patted her head and lifted her up.

"How have you been, little girl? Feeling good?" Albert asked as she was hugged very tightly by the girl.

"I love you papa." Lory said as she caressed Albert's hair and nudge her face on his neck.

"Hmm."  Albert answered as he enters the mansion not putting the girl down but caresses her back for comfort. That's when the kid sighed in relief and her breathing becomes stable. She fell asleep on his shoulder.

"She's a strong-willed girl. Just like her mother." Sebastian said as he opened the door of Albert's room to let the two in.

"Yes. Just like her mother, indeed." Albert carefully laid the girl down on his bed. He removed his formal attire leaving only his slacks and polo with its sleeves folded up to his elbows and went back to bed to sleep beside Loralei.

"Have a good rest, sir. And may you have sweet dreams." Sebastian excused himself after letting the curtain down as to not let any light in because it is only the middle of the day.

Albert always had difficulty in sleeping but he fell asleep as soon as he lay beside the kid. He felt relieved and all the tensions, doubt and pressures he always feels were all gone in an instant. Even his headache didn't act that moment, another factor he fell asleep peacefully.

This is a rare event that Albert didn't ask for any tea to help him relax and sleep. So, Sebastian stood outside for a few minutes making sure if his master ever needs anything. But after waiting for a while of silence, he decided to peep inside to see what is happening inside. He opened the door silently and tip toed close enough to just see both of them.

They are both fast asleep without any care on the world. Sebastian went out and returned to his work as usual but with a smile on his face.

"Should've I taken a photo of them sleeping peacefully?" Sebastian asked himself when he remembered how the little miss snuggled her face on her father's body and Albert hugging her gently.