Part 12

Chapter 12 (still flashback)

After Camilla had gotten back home with her mother's coat –and received a lecture about being so late when the task had been really quite simple – Camilla went to her gang's hangout to tell Mal about the turf war the pirates apparently were trying to start. She was extra cautious about walking through the alleys, not wanting to run into Harry Hook again, until she reached the entrance. She picked up a rock and threw it at the 'Danger Flying Rocks' sign which opened the stairway for her.

They knew she was coming from the sound of her heels against the rusty metal steps. Evie was sitting on the torn up couch drawing in her sketch book while Mal was busy with another mural. The boys were sitting at a table where Jay had forced Carlos to another arm wrestling match –which he was losing.

"Mal, we have a problem."

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - - 

Needless to say, Mal was furious. She inherited her temper from her mother, along with her possessive nature.

"They want to come onto our turf, steal the things we should be stealing? Fine! Game on!" she shouted as she paced the floor.

"So what's the plan?" Jay asked, "Steal our stuff back? Steal their stuff?"

"And copycat what they've already done? No way." Mal told him, "If they're so interested in looting then they must have gathered quite the 'booty' by now." Mal continued as a smirk spread on her face. "That means they have even more to destroy."

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - - 

The next day the gang headed toward Goblin Wharf where Uma docked her ship, the Lost Revenge. It was also across from Pirate's Bay where Hook's ship the Jolly Roger had found it's home, but neither ship was their target. Knowing both captains would be aboard their respective ships left the alleys of their territory open for the VK's revenge.

They tore and smashed everything in their sights, leaving the streets even more disastrous than they'd already been. Jay and Evie had taken care of the west side while the De Vil's had trashed the east, Mal had made her way down the middle of the pirates domain until she reached the main square where they had all planned to meet. So far only Mal, Camilla and Carlos had arrived and as the minutes ticked by they began to worry about Evie and Jay. Then they heard the click-clack of heels against the ground as they turned to see Evie appear out of the shadows with a bright smile on her face.

"What took you so long?" Mal said with relief as she hugged her bestie, "We were starting to worry."

"No need." Evie said then they heard Jay's voice from the shadows.

"Look what we found!" he said cheerfully as he dragged another figure into the light with him – Harry Hook. Jay had him by the arm and had the pirate's own sword against his neck as he led him into the square. "Found him all alone, not a single one of his 'mateys' in sight!" Jay bragged imitating Hook's pirate slang which only made his eyes smolder with more hate beneath the dark raven hair that fell in his face. Then his eyes found Camilla and the hate turned into amusement just as they had the last time they'd encountered each other. Then Mal stepped between the two breaking their connection.

"Walking around alone Harry?" she tsked with her arms crossed as she smirked at their unexpected captive, "You should know how dangerous that is on the Isle."

"Aye, but without danger life wouldn't be very fun, now would it?"

Mal gave an amused chuckle, "Well, we weren't expecting captives, so what should we do with you?" she asked rubbing her hands together as she contemplated his possible demise.

"I hear his specialty is hooking people, maybe we should show him the other side of a hook." Jay suggested.

"Now Jay, that's not very original." Camilla said moving to stand on his free side and leaning her elbow on his shoulder.

"Camilla's right." Evie agreed, "But my mother has some old potions at home that could use a guinea pig. . . "

Then faster than a flash of lightning Hook jabbed Jay in the gut with his elbow, grabbed the sword and spun breaking free of Jay's hold. Then he wrapped an arm around Camilla and brought the sword to her neck. By the time Jay recovered and the others realized what had happened in the blink of an eye the tables had turned and Camilla was now the hostage. Carlos tried to rush forward to help his sister but Evie held him back as Mal got a dangerous look in her eyes and they glowed green.

"Harry, don't you dare –" she threatened as Jay tried to get closer from where he stood on the side but Hook saw him anyway.

"Ah, ah, ah.  Now what would Crazy Cruella do if she found out that her precious daughter was hurt while she was spending time with ye?" he asked as he took a few steps back closer to the shadowy alley.

They all exchanged looks –except Camilla since turning her head would mean slicing her neck. They'd all seen her mother's bad side, usually when she was yelling at Carlos, and that was on her good days. Provoked, they had no idea how far Cruella would go and they didn't want to find out. Hook had them backed into a corner.

"Oh, now why the long faces?" he asked still walking backward with Camilla in tow, "Ye should be proud of yerselves. Not many people can say that they almost caught the son of Captain Hook." Then in another quick move Hook pulled away the sword and pushed Camilla forward. Jay, who was closest, caught her then turned to look at Hook but he had vanished into the darkness.

"Do we go after him?" Jay asked. Before Mal could answer they heard a shout from the other direction.

"Where are they!" they all knew that voice – Uma.

"No." Mal said, "We did what we came to do. Let's bounce." She ordered and they all fled, heading back to their own turf. Camilla had her hand to her throat, there was no wound but she could still feel the cold metal against her skin. Next time she saw Hook he was a dead man!