Part 13

Chapter 13 (still flashbacks)

It had been weeks since the gang's encounter with Harry Hook and while that should have made Camilla happy she actually found herself missing the pirate – or rather she missed the challenge. Every act of villainy they'd pulled off since seemed too easy to her, there was no thrill, people knew their reputations and just handed things over. As a result Camilla had taken some 'me time' away from the others. She walked down the streets with her usual confident strut as people hid and avoided eye contact. Though eye contact was hard since today Camilla was hiding her eyes under the brim of her hat. She had a lot of thinking to do and it wouldn't be good if someone saw the far off look in her eyes and took advantage of her distraction.

Eventually, she found herself just outside Troll Town, which sat on the line between Mal and Uma's respective territories. She contemplated crossing over, maybe causing some trouble on Uma's land would bring back the thrill for her. However, she never got the chance to decide because in true villain fashion –trouble found her.

As she was about to turn the next corner a figure came dashing around it and nearly ran her over. He skidded to a halt just before their bodies could collide and Camilla saw a flash of surprise on his face before he contained it and returned to his normal cheeky smirk.

"Lady De Vil." He greeted seeming out of breath but still happy to see her.

"Hook." She nearly growled remembering the last time she saw him and he'd put a sword to her neck. What she'd said about missing him? Yeah, that feeling evaporated. She roughly shoved him back but it only seemed to stir up his amusement as he gave a slightly high-pitched laugh.

"Oh, come now, don't be like that."

"You tried to kill me!" she accused him and his cheeky grin faltered but she sensed it wasn't from her words. Something was off about him, it was like he had to remember to smirk, his eyes kept shifting down the alley from where he'd come.

"Actually, I only held ye hostage."

"With a sword to my throat!"

"Well I –" his excuse was interrupted by shouting coming from behind him. Several guards were crashing their way through the street, each had a heart on the chest plate of their black and red armor –the Queen of Hearts minions. Hook then grabbed her hand and dragged her into the nearest alley were they hid among the shadows. The space between buildings was thin and their bodies pressed against each other in the tight space.

"Friends of yours?" she spat hating that now she'd been  -literally – dragged into his mess.

"I may have disgruntled the wrong villain recently."

"How recent is recently?"

"Oh, about five minutes ago."

"Hook!" she scolded as quietly as she could, given her current rage. Then they heard the queen's knights getting closer and he shimmied them along until they popped out in another alley, this one much wider between two rows of villainous establishments built back to back. He led her through a few more alleys and past a couple buildings before he found one he seemed to be familiar with.

"Will you let go!" she said struggling to pull her hand free of his strong grip. "Whatever mess you've gotten yourself into, I refuse to get involved in it!"

"Have ye happened to notice where yeh are De Vil?" his words made her pause and look around. All the back doors to the buildings were marked so it was easy to get her bearings.