Part 38

Chapter 38

There was a loud explosion in the fireplace of Hell Hall as Cruella threw a bottle of gin into the flames in rage. Jasper and Horace cowered by the couch, Jasper standing in front of his son Jace who watched the mad lady with wide fearful eyes. Cruella still had her hair in curlers and her fur robe was slipping from her bony shoulders. Her eyes looked wild and it wasn't just from her streaky makeup that she'd haphazardly put on when her minions had woken her with important news.

"If you're lying child to get my daughter into trouble I'll turn you into my next throw rug!" she shrieked pointing her cigarette holder at the boy. It had been taped back together with black duct tape but still stood with an odd bend in it as she shook it around.

"No mam." Jace said shaking his head, "I saw what I saw, I swear."

"That wretched ungrateful child! I'm sick to think we breathe the same air." Cruella shouted throwing another glass at the wall making some of the plaster chip and fall to the floor with the shards of glass.

"Perhaps, Madame –" Jasper began but was immediately cut off.

"SHUT UP!" Cruella shrieked causing both grown men and Jace to jump back, "Go! Stand somewhere until I need you." She demanded pointing her cigarette holder at the corner of the room too angry to put up with their idiocy. First her son had been taken by those ridiculous Auradon royals and now her daughter had been coerced by pirates. Even worse the pirate who had ruined her furs, her true loves!

"How could she do this to me!" Cruella shouted again hitting the wall and making small bits of plaster fall from the cracking ceiling.

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - -

"Hildie!" Cruella shrieked as she entered the Castle Across the Way where her dear friend and fellow villainess the Evil Queen Grimhilde lived. Her two pet vultures circled above the deteriorating castle as the clouds above then turned red with the sunrise. They looked down on the once fancy black and white car as Cruella got out and stormed through the castle's gates and found the Queen in her grand sitting room. It had – like everything else on the Isle – seen better days. The furniture was tattered and old, the high ceilings a maze of cobwebs, the carpets run down and missing material in some places. The only thing that was perfectly put together was the Queen herself, sitting in a wing backed chair admiring her reflection in a handheld mirror. As always she had applied her makeup to perfection, placed her crown perfectly on her head and didn't have a hair out of place or a wrinkle to be seen.

"Cruella, dear. I was wondering when I would see you again." She said putting down her mirror and approaching her partner in crime. Cruella mustered up a small wicked grin as Hildie ushered her to her blue upholstered couch and snapped her fingers at Horace and Jasper who had entered after their boss. Their shoulders sagged as they realized that they were now the Queens minions by association and followed her pointing and perfectly manicured finger to a small table with bottles of various wines and dusty goblets which they began to fill and serve to the two powerful women.

"Now what brings you here after so long?" Hildie asked as they each sipped their wine.

"Well I'm sure you've heard of the trouble that came to my door the other day?" Cruella said holding out her long cigarette holder as Jasper ran over with a box of matches and lit the end. 

"Oh yes, it's all over the Isle, you poor thing."

"I understand my reputation has been called into question." snapped Cruella before taking a puff of her cigarette and a sip of her wine, "You understand of course that something must be done."

"Oh absolutely, a villain without a bad reputation is like a queen without a kingdom."

"Or a Dalmatian without its spots."