Part 26

Chapter 26

Camilla had been with Uma at the chip shop when Mal sauntered in, "I'm baaaack." She sang.

"Loser, party of one. Right this way please." Uma said gesturing to the nearest table. She pushed a chair at Mal who caught it before turning it around and sitting on it backwards.

"Place still stinks." She commented.

"Oh, I'm sorry we're down a butler today, princess." Uma sneered.

"Where is he?" she demanded cutting to the chase. Uma pulled off her apron and tossed it aside.

"You know I've dreamed of this? You wanting something from me, and me watching you squirm like a worm on a hook."

"I'm so flattered that you dream of me, I haven't given you a thought since I left."

Uma slammed her hands on the table before she could control her anger, when she did she grit out, "Obviously. You have your perfect little life don't you?" she asked then turned to the crew, "Doesn't she have the perfect little life?" she shouted and the crew all sneered and laughed at Mal. "While we're twenty years into a garbage strike." Mal looked around at the pirates finally taking notice of Camilla leaning against the bar. She looked surprised at first then she put her mask back on.

"Working for Uma now Camilla?" she asked.

"Working with Uma." She corrected, "I figured why not join the winning side." She shrugged watching the exchange as Mal turned back to the sea witch.

"Listen if you have some kind of score to settle with me, game on. I see no need to bring Ben into this." As she spoke Harry entered from the back, he made his way through the kitchen and over to Camilla. He lightly tapped her on the shoulder and whispered in her ear, "Come with me."

The last place she'd expected him to lead her had been the Jolly Roger and the last person she imagined seeing was Carlos.

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - - 

Evie had grown very worried as each minute ticked by, when Mal finally showed up she ran and hugged her friend. Before Mal told them anything about her meeting with Uma she took a look around and noticed someone missing.

"Where's Carlos?" she asked and Evie and Jay both perked up and looked around noticing for the first time their friends absence. Carlos had always been quiet, tinkering with one thing or another in a corner, so that's what they assumed he'd been doing while Mal was gone. But she was right Carlos was nowhere to be seen.

"He must have gone to find Camilla." Evie said.

"What!?" Mal asked now seeming worried herself.

"Harry Hook had mentioned her and Carlos went berserk." Jay explained, "He must have gone after her."

"Camilla's with them." Mal said, "I saw her with Uma at the shop."

"What!" it was Jay's turn to shout but Evie seemed less surprised.

"It was Harry." she whispered making the others turn to her.

"What was Harry?" Mal asked.

"Remember how Camilla used to go off and have 'alone time'? After a while I knew she must be sneaking out to see some boy but I was never able to get his name out of her. It was Harry, even then it was Harry. After she came back to the Isle and had no one he must have been the first person she turned to." The room was silent as they absorbed Evie's deduction.

"Then. . Camilla's not in any danger." Jay said, "Harry just mentioned her as bait. He knew Carlos would go after her. The whole thing was a set up!"