Part 30

Chapter 30

   "Get them!" Uma shouted, but before any of them could make a move Evie handed Carlos a backpack and slingshot and he started launching smoke bombs. The first – a shade of bright blue – blinded Uma, Gil, Harry, Camilla and the crew that were standing by them. The next – gold – exploded in the crows nest. A third – red – hit pirates hanging from the rigging. By the time the colorful smoke dissipated and the crew began charging, the VK's had already armed themselves with swords and were ready to fight.

"Go!" Uma ordered of anyone who hadn't yet joined the battle before she pulled out her own sword and headed for Mal. Harry pulled Camilla along with him to the side of the ship while Gil began climbing the rigging so he could swing over. Harry helped her up onto the rail of the ship and over onto one of the piers. Just as he swung himself over they turned to see Jay approaching.

"Hello Jay." Harry said while he removed his hat and bandana and smiled wickedly. "Well, well, well." the pair circled each other looking for the weakest spot to strike. Harry kept Camilla behind him until they'd made it to the opposite side of the platform, then she placed her hand on his bicep and squeezed gently – a silent farewell. Then she took off to help her crew in their fights.  She passed Gil who had just landed beside beastie boy and drew his sword with a joyful. "Hey Ben!" greeting before they began their duel.

She noticed Jukes was loosing his fight to Evie so she rushed over to help him. The blue haired princess had just stepped on his foot and pushed him into the water when Camilla arrived and drew her blade. Evie hesitated and from her lessons with Harry Camilla knew she had to strike. She swung her sword and Evie blocked it with a look of sadness in her brown eyes. After they'd clashed swords for a bit Evie was able to twirl her sword in a way that caught Camilla's.

"Camilla stop, we're your friends." The bluenette pleaded. Camilla knew Evie didn't want to hurt her, and a small part didn't want to hurt Evie either. But then she remembered the Evil Queen's daughter was an Auradon girl now. She remembered all the press and paparazzi that followed the princess because they were dying to hear about her latest designs. Evie was living the life of the princess she'd always meant to be – and it made Camilla's blood boil. She continued to strike again and again until Evie got lucky again.

"I know you love Harry." she began and it made Camilla pause, "We're not asking you to turn your back on him, we're asking that you help him – to help all of them – do the right thing. We changed, they can to then they can have a chance in Auradon and we'll all be better off."

"You call that better off? Playing dress up with people who are just waiting for you to slip up. Just waiting for you to make one wrong move so they can toss you back on this rock?"

"You're wrong about them."

"But you are right about one thing." She said and for a moment Evie looked hopeful then she caught the evil glint in Camilla's eyes and it vanished, "We are going to Auradon. But not because of you traitors. We're going to get there on our own and do what villains do best." She smirked as she swung again. She didn't remember Evie ever getting training in sword fighting but she had to admit the girl could hold her own. She backed Camilla into a puddle of sea water where she slipped and had to duck under the wooden rail to avoid the girl's sword. In that same moment Starkey showed up and Evie spun to duel him. Free of one fight, but with several more happening around her, Camilla leapt onto the ramp below her and heard footsteps behind her. She drew her sword and spun and her blade met Carlos' sword. The siblings both froze unsure of what to do next. Neither one seemed to want to make a move, though they luckily got out of their tense situation when new opponents joined in from either side. Desiree with her blonde hair and purple shirt jumped in behind Carlos. He spun and attacked while Camilla turned to her new adversary – Lonnie.

She knew she'd have a harder time winning this fight, the daughter of Mulan surely knew how to use a sword while Camilla was still fairly new to it. However, Camilla did have one advantage, she was a pirate now and that meant she had some dirty tricks up her sleeve while Lonnie – like her mother – would be bound by honor. She also had the advantage of lying, she might be new to fighting – but Lonnie didn't know that.

"Do you really think it's wise to cross your sword with a pirate?" she asked with a mocking tone in her voice making sure to keep her blade balanced in front of her.

"You and your crew threatened Ben." Lonnie replied showing her loyalty to her king, and life long friend.

"Only a little." Camilla smirked but that seemed to be enough for Lonnie as the warrior attacked. Camilla couldn't afford to get cocky, she paid close attention to every swing she made, every inch Lonnie's blade moved, the position of her feet, when she moved forward and when she moved back. After a few minutes of fighting her Camilla knew she was in over her head so she resorted to mockery yet again.

"You know what your doing I'll give you that." She began, "Auradon's R.O.A.R. team must be thrilled to have you."

"They don't allow girls." Lonnie growled between her teeth and in her anger she lost focus on her footwork and Camilla was able to advance a few steps.

"Too bad you don't break rules, instead you let them walk all over you." Lonnie swung angrily again and Camilla was able to gain more ground, "You'll never be like your mother." She said as she backed Lonnie into a corner of rail. Lonnie tried to swing a few more times but using a move Camilla had picked up from Harry she used her leather gloved hand and grabbed Lonnie's blade and pulled it from her grasp. She spun her wrist and now had two swords aimed at the dark haired girl. She could practically see the light bulb go off above her head as she pieced together how she'd just lost.

"You cheated."

"Pirate." Camilla scoffed but before she could make another move and send Lonnie into the sea she heard Harry shout, "Uma!"

She turned to see the sea witch helping a dripping Harry up the side of the docks. When she turned back Lonnie had vanished, she caught sight of her further down the planks with Evie, Jay and Carlos as they made their getaway. Then Uma stormed past her with Harry on her heels.

"Mal's mine." She growled and Harry had a wicked smile as he drew his blade. They followed Uma toward the VK's as they rejoined the fight and kept them from an easy escape. Harry swung his sword up to Ben's neck with a cheerful "Hiya!" before the two began to duel. Meanwhile Uma engaged Mal in battle and Camilla resumed her fight with Lonnie who had nabbed a new sword. Two of the crew took on Evie while another fought Carlos. Luck was on their side as the pirates had more bodies than the VK's and easily outnumbered them. Uma was getting the advantage on Mal, Harry had his hook at Ben's throat and Camilla was even holding her own against Lonnie. Then a thick purple haze blinded them and Camilla heard Mal shout, "Ben Go!" While they stumbled around the fog in confusion the last thing Camilla felt was pain.