Part 17

Chapter 17

It was only a couple weeks after their first kiss on the roof of Hell Hall when Harry decided to pull Camilla out of her home and into the streets of the Isle. He'd said she'd been secluded long enough and had to stop living in fear – she wasn't as alone as she thought. But even with that logic this idea of his was still crazy, and Camilla was an expert on crazy after spending so many years with her mother.

"Hook, you're out of your mind!" she complained as he tugged on her hand, his fingers lacing with hers. She did her best to keep up with him refusing to let every resident on the Isle see her dragged around like a dog on a leash. 

"Trust me." He said pausing and giving her a look that made it hard for her to think straight.

"I do trust you." She said, "It's her I don't trust."

"Well do ye at least trust me enough to protect ye should things turn sour?"

She took a deep breath and looked into his eyes, her view unhindered thanks to his hat, which kept his hair out of his face. It was amazing how much she could compare them to the sea. They could be as calm or as raging as the waves that crashed upon their rocky shore. Mystifying, deep, deadly and mesmerizing, she could go on all day. Eventually, she had to look away and just shrug and he chuckled. Amused by her unwillingness to admit she needed, or even wanted his protection.

"Come on then, we're almost there." He said before he tugged her along again. It wasn't long before the smell of salt water and fish assaulted Camilla's senses. She scrunched her nose in disgust and swore she heard Harry mumble 'cute' under his breath. They past Hook's Inlet, which housed the Inlet and Shack fishing shop Harry's father owned. Next to the shop against one of the piers was the renowned vessel of infamy, the Jolly Roger. It was the grandest ship Camilla had ever seen – not that she'd seen many ships – but compared to the other pirates dingy's the Jolly Roger towered over them all. But the Inlet wasn't where Harry chose to bring her. They continued along the wharf until they reached a more broken down section of the harbor, the walkways built at odd angles leading downward toward the sea with water that splashed against the soggy boards and mist curled along their feet. The open alleys had strings strung up with laundry hanging out to dry while the owners sat below fishing or grumbling to other pirates. At the bottom was Ursula's Fish and Chips. The establishments name painted on an old sign with lights circling it, though many were broken or flickering. Below that was another sign that read 'You'll take it how I make it!'

Camilla noticed the pirates who were hanging around the place were looking at her, their looks questioning and confused but not unwelcoming. Camilla usually was not welcome in this part of the Isle, she had run with Mal's gang of VK's and everyone knew it. Then she remembered Harry's words from the roof. Yeh have allies here. Whether they live on Mal's old turf or Uma's. Anyone who looked at her too long Harry glared at and they immediately turned their head. This was his land, the part of the Isle where he and Uma held the most power. From all sides people ducked out of view as Harry glared at them all with an evil smirk on his face. One person even shouted Harry! in warning to others. Harry meanwhile, removed his hand from Camilla's and instead wrapped his arm around her waist leading her forward to the swinging green doors of the chip shop. Obviously, she'd never been inside and was slightly overwhelmed by it, it was definitely different from the shops on her side of the tracks.

The squeaky hinges of the doors announced their arrival and Harry took his sword from his belt and placed it in a barrel marked 'Sword Check'. He led her past several tables, some with sea themed cloths some with nothing. Broken shells littered the floor along with sand from people's boots. Their were old worn signs nailed to the walls with different threats like 'Tip or else!' and 'Complain if ye dare!' among the threats were also spray painted outlines of ships, hooks and anchors with the words 'We ride with the Tide!' One pole even had a sign for a missing pet spider. From the ceiling hung shimmering streamers in various shades of blue and green wrapped up with strings of lights that gave the place and 'under the sea' feel. Camilla also noticed as she looked around that half of the chip shop was an actual sea cave. It had a makeshift stage and an old organ where she was sure the pirates sang different shanties.  There was also a dart board with a poster of an Auradon princess that had a quote above it, but it had so many daggers and sharpened sea stars that the only thing Camilla could read was 'so can you!'. She scowled instantly knowing it was something about Mal's transition to goodness.