Part 33

Chapter 33

They watched with disbelief as the king of Auradon kissed Uma's hand before turning to Mal.

"I'm sorry, it all happened so fast." Ben explained to a heartbroken Mal, "Something happened to me while I was on the Isle with Uma – a connection."

"What are you saying?" Mal asked doing her best to keep her voice level.

"I'm saying –"

"It was love." Uma gushed like a dewy eyed schoolgirl. "It was. I just, I realized how alike Ben and I are, y'know?"

"We are." Ben agreed, "You're so beautiful."

"Ben." Mal chimed in, "Ben, did you go back for her?"

"He didn't have to." Uma explained, "I dove through the barrier before it closed, and I'm an excellent swimmer."

"You are."

"Thank you." Uma smiled at beastie boy. Camilla was impressed, after all the key to the best lies was keeping a shred of truth in them. "Listen, Mal." Uma said taking her hand which seemed to shock Mal, "I just really want to thank you, I do. For everything. Thank you so much." She said hugging her and Camilla could see Mal was starting to fall apart, it brought a smile to her face.

"Don't you see Mal?" Ben explained, "You were right. You knew that we weren't meant to be together, that's why you never told me that you loved me, thank you." He said before he and Uma took to the middle of the floor and began to dance. Then Mal and the other VK's rushed toward the stairs anxious to leave but before they could another announcement was made.

"And now for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece! Designed especially for his lady." Trumpets sounded as the cover was taken off a large stained glass window which showed Ben kneeling and holding Mal's hand. Ben looked up at the artwork as Uma's look turned sour.

"Cover that back up!" she shouted.

"I will not." The announcer said sternly.

Then she turned back to Ben trying to regain the calm princess like composure she'd had before, "Why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me Ben?"

"I have an announcement! Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady." He said taking her hand.

"Son –"

"Not now Dad!" Ben yelled and everyone gasped at his rude behavior, "Hem -So as my gift –hem – to her. . I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all."

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - - 

"Matey's. . . " Harry began, "We ride with the tide!" He cheered and the rest of the crew stood up and shouted with him. Harry stood and turned picking up Camilla and kissing her. She wrapped her legs around his waist as he settled her on his hip. He wrapped his right arm around her to keep her from falling and picked his hook up off the table with his left. He raised it high in the air and shouted, "To the Revenge!" then Camilla leapt off him and they all headed to the ship.

When they all got there the crew began to ready the ship for sailing as Gil, Harry and Camilla leaned over the starboard side and watched the yacht in the distance.

"What are we looking for?" Gil asked.

"Just keep a weathered eye on the horizon." Harry said and a moment later they saw a large eruption from the water beside the yacht. Harry pulled out his telescope and held it up to his eye. "It's Uma." He said shocked.

"How?" Camilla asked just as surprised.

"The necklace." Harry muttered under his breath as the ship started to rock gently, whatever Uma was doing was literally making waves. Then they heard the unmistakable roar of a dragon and saw something very large circle the yacht. More waves ensued and naturally, because it was the Isle bad instantly became worse. The waves grew larger as they slammed the side of the ship causing it to tilt and send the crew flailing to keep their balance. The wind picked up and soon the grey clouds that always hung over their heads began to pour, letting fat cold raindrops fall on their heads, in no time an entire storm had started.