Part 46

Chapter 46

Camilla POV

Uma ran back to the Fish and Chip Shop, Camilla struggling to keep up Uma was so eager for whatever her mind had come up with. She ran through the empty shop, the usual customers either handing in their applications or out trying to tear up any they could get before they were turned in to Mal. She dashed down past her bedroom into a lower cavern that made Camilla pause in her tracks when she saw it. There was a clamshell on the wall that held several potion bottles and in the middle of the room Uma was pouring certain ones into her mother's old brewing stand.

"Where's your mom?" Camilla asked looking around worried that the sea witch might show up.

"My mom bailed." Uma said not looking up from her work, "She swam to the Isle of the Doomed. Under Maleficent's old castle is a sea cavern where my Aunt Morgana lives. Though I never thought I'd see the day where they felt so threatened they'd actually seek each other for protection." She said going to retrieve more bottles of ingredients and Camilla remembered when she'd asked Harry about her own mother after she'd been rescued from Medusa's. "Safety in numbers and all that. Whatever's coming it's scaring even the worst of us." Even Camilla had begun to feel the change Harry had been talking about, she'd asked him about it and he had agreed; it felt like something under their feet was stirring, like an anger that had been pushed to its limit and was getting ready to burst. She just hoped that whatever it was that could be living down in the heart of the Isle wouldn't explode and take them all out with it.

"What are you up to?" Camilla asked feeling a bit better that Ursula wouldn't barge in at any time and find them in her lair. Just as she asked the question the potion Uma was brewing changed color and bubbled.

"Mal might be surrounded by guards and VK's who are willing to protect her from us, but they can't protect her from everything, especially herself." Uma smiled as she watched the potion brew. "All I have to do is plant that seed of doubt, that not everything is perfect in her little life like it seems and her own paranoia will destroy her for us."

"So what does this do?" she asked gesturing to the potion.

"It'll let me in her head and toy with her mind for a bit." Uma said before bringing her finger to the potion and dipping it in. When she pulled it out the ripples it made brought up an image of Mal, then Uma waved her hand over it and Mal was suddenly in the middle of the woods along the shore of the Isle, everything was dark like it was the middle of the night and Uma glanced up from the potion for a moment to share a grin with Camilla.

Third Person POV

Mal was walking through the vines of the thick forest she was in, she could hear the ocean hitting the shore but couldn't see it, actually, she couldn't see much at all. It must have been late at night but she had sworn it had just been the middle of the afternoon. Then she saw a light, it was the only light around and she headed for it. Soon she saw where it was coming from, this glowing blue sphere was suspended in midair and was emitting this strong blue light. Carefully she got closer to it, and closer, and closer. Then when she could almost see her reflection in it she heard a voice.

"Mal." It whispered.

"Dad?" she asked then the light vanished and she was left in darkness again. When she kept walking and finally did find the shore she left the forest and stepped onto the sand of the beach.

"Mal!" she heard and spun around only to find Dizzy rushing toward her. "What are you doing way out here?"

"Dizzy." She said relieved, "Umm, it was so strange. I was just walking. . . in the woods and, I came across this. . . glowing orb. . . thing and it was talking to me. And it was whispering, my name. . . and what was stranger was it sounded exactly like. . ." she looked back into the forest one more time, "I don't know. I don't know, couldn't be Dad, that would be impossible. Wait, why are you out here?" she asked hoping to get her mind off the subject.