Part 27

Chapter 27

Jay had taken the limo and made his way back to the Auradon Prep dorms alone. He still couldn't believe he hadn't noticed Carlos sneaking out, he knew it wasn't his fault but he couldn't stop the guilt that had crept into his thoughts. When he got to their dorm he was greeted by Dude and he knelt down and gave him a pet.

"Hi Dude. Sorry Carlos isn't back yet, he got captured with Ben." He told the dog before he turned and noticed their door was open. When he looked inside he found Chad at the 3-D printer.

"You have got to be kidding me." He said and Chad turned abruptly.

"I knocked." He said like that excused his breaking and entering. Jay walked up to him and held out his hand. Jay was a master thief and knew Chad possessed none of the skills necessary to break in so he must have a key. The prince sighed and handed it over. Then Jay noticed what he'd been using the printer for.

"What is that?" he asked.

"Oh! Hehe, that's a Chad action figure." He said proudly zooming it in front of Jay's face, "Well, minus the head."

"Sounds like an improvement. Excuse me." He said as he knocked past Charming and pulled out Carlos' phone. He'd found it on the couch he'd been sitting on back at their hideout and knew it must have fallen out of his pocket. Lucky for him it had no passcode and he was able to figure out how to program the printer to make Fairy Godmother's wand in a second. Mal had been right, if Chad could do it Jay could.

"Why are you making Fairy Godmother's wand?" Chad asked from over his shoulder.

"Uh, because. . uh –"

"Ben and Carlos have been captured!" Dude called from his bed.

"What? Dude can talk?" Chad asked.

"I was stalling." Jay scolded the dog.

"I thought you forgot." He shrugged, well, if a dog could shrug.

"Don't tell anyone." Jay said to Chad as he hit the prince in the shoulder, "Carlos and Ben's lives depend on it."

"Really? So if something were to happen. . . you know what I'm saying?" Chad let on smiling as if this could be a good thing.

"Something bad I get it."

"God forbid." Chad said insincerely, "But if something were to happen. . . who do you think would be in line to be king?" he asked holding up his headless action figure.

"Is it me or is that in really poor taste?" Jay asked pretty sure hoping for your king's demise was more of an Isle thing than an Auradon thing. He made his way to the door and gestured for Chad to get out. The prince seemed appalled as he held up his action figure.

"I'm taking this." He said as he left then turned back to Jay, "And if you think –" Jay slammed the door in his face before Charming could finish, resuming his work on making the phony wand.

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - - 

Camilla had gone to Hell Hall to check up on her mother. She stood in the doorway that led from the main hall into the sitting room where she found her mother on the same ratty old red sofa. Cruella's back was to her and Camilla could see she still had a glass of gin in one hand and her long cigarette holder in the other. She'd take a puff between sips of her drink while she muttered to herself.

"Idiots. . . fools. . . imbeciles. . . wretched mongrels. . . Roger that horrid man. . . I'll get even just wait, Anita will be sorry. I'll get my spotted puppy coat, there's probably enough to make an entire closet of coats now! AHAHAHAHAHA! I'll be wearing Anita's dogs!! AHAHAHAHA!" she cackled away as Camilla ducked out and headed upstairs to her room with a heavy heart. Her poor mother had only gotten worse in her absence. Camilla tried to ease the guilt on her mind, soon Uma would have the wand and they'd all be free, her mother would finally have her revenge and hopefully that would return her to her former state of mind.