Part 18

Chapter 18

ONE MONTH LATER

It was another dreary day on the Isle of the Lost, Camilla was standing in front of her full length mirror in her room looking over her outfit while she twirled a strand of her pure white hair. She gave a long sigh, unhappy with the reflection she saw. She needed a change, her current style had just become. . . boring. She went to her closet and started pulling out different black, white, red and spotted things and flinging them over her shoulder where they landed on her bed. She carefully studied each piece with a pair of scissors in her hand contemplating what to do. She started her work slow but as she started cutting and ripping the fabric she saw her new wardrobe start to come together. In no time at all she had completely re-vamped her style, the final piece to closing the door on her old life as a VK and opening the new chapter to her life of piracy.

She threw on a red tank top first then her newly made vest, the back was solid black but the front was half black half Dalmatian print. She zipped it closed so only the very top of the red tank was showing and was quite pleased with how the lapels of the collar had come out. She paired the top with a pair of red denim shorts that had several rips exposing the black material of the pockets. She kept a pair of leather gloves that were black on top but white on the palm –one of her favorites – then she fished out an old pair of black boots. These were much less sleek and stylish as her last pair and resembled combat boots only with more feminine heels. One boot had red laces while the other boot had white. They ended a few inches above her ankle and when Camilla was done she stood in front of her mirror once more.

She stared hard at her reflection, something still wasn't quite right. Why did she feel incomplete? What could be missing? She was Camilla De Vil, she had it all! She thought as she played with her hair. The whitest, the blackest, the softest, the spottiest – wait. She thought as her fingers paused in the strands of her hair and she took one more look in the mirror. That's it! She grabbed the scissors again and chopped at her hair letting the black and white strands coat the floor at her feet. When she was done she quickly brushed through the much shorter length before taking an old curling iron and adding some waves to the ends.

When she turned back to the mirror and saw her reflection it was nothing short of perfect! Her hair, even with the slight curl, now ended just beneath her chin, barely touching her shoulder; a nice length, she'd even given herself some bangs, long and swept to one side allowing the black and white to blend. Perfect for the new and improved Camilla De Vil!

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - - 

HARRY P.O.V.

Harry hung from the rope netting along the ship as he and Uma laughed evilly at the bumbling sorry excuses for pirates that passed on the dock. Anyone who wasn't a part of their crews knew to run and hide from them, knowing that they were seen as beneath them by all villain standards. Then their fun was cut short by the one of the worst sounds Harry knew – a loud crow. Now this was from no ordinary raven, no this came from a much larger figure. Harry looked to the sky as he saw the shape of a flying boy – Peter Pan had come to play.

Harry glared at the boy in the sky as he grabbed his sword and marched off the ship. Pan wasn't heading for the Lost Revenge, no he had a more familiar ship in mind – the Jolly Roger. There were two peninsula's on the Isle, Goblin Wharf where Uma docked her ship and Pirate's Bay where his father docked the Roger. Harry took off like a bat out of hell with Uma following.

"How did he get in here?" she cried.

"He's no mere boy, Uma. He's a fiend. A FLYING DEVIL!" Harry shouted the last part at the sky. Though as he passed he heard someone whisper something about the hole in the barrier from two and a half months ago.

Of course flying was faster than walking and by the time Uma and Harry reached Pirate's Bay Pan and his father were already deep in their duel. The infamous Captain James Hook had taken his long retired ship and sailed it away from the pier. Of course this gave Pan the opportunity to through crew members overboard at every chance, some were so afraid of the boy that they willingly jumped off the ship.

Harry was forced to stop on the dock and watch his father duel his nemesis as Uma caught up with him. When he couldn't take standing idly by any longer he stripped off his jacket intending to jump into the waves and swim to the bloody ship himself but Uma stopped him before he could.

"Harry you'll never make it!" she said grabbing his arm. He glared at her and shook his arm free but heeded her words nonetheless. He saw his father take a swing at Pan with his hook but missed and ended up digging the sharp steel into the wood of the mast. As Pan prepared his next strike Harry shouted.

"Father behind ye!"

His cry caused Pan to hesitate and turn toward the dock. When he saw Harry he chuckled as he hung in midair.

"I didn't know the codfish had a son!" he said with mockery in his tone. Harry's jaw clenched as he stared at Pan with fire raging in his eyes. Then Pan's laughter stopped as Hook freed himself and swung at the boy with his sword. With the element of surprise he was able to nick Pan in the leg, not that it stopped him much as he flew but something in Harry jumped with joy at seeing Pan bleed. Just as his father was getting the upper hand – or upper hook – a new sound joined the clashing of swords. A ticking.

"No." Harry whispered terrified. He and Uma peered over the rail of the pier and saw it, a huge crocodile, the one and only Tick Tock. And he'd come back to finish a meal he'd started so long ago. Harry looked up and saw that his father had noticed the croc as well and was now starting to lose his mind over it. Smee rushed to the port side of the ship and tried to shoo it away but to no avail and now Pan had cornered his father – actually he'd gotten him to back up right onto the plank. Harry put his boot up on the wood of the rail beside him and prepared to jump over again, but again Uma stopped him. 

"Harry don't!" she yelled as she pulled on him arm, he couldn't jump with her clinging to him and he tried to shake her off but her grip was as strong as an octopus's tentacles. Deep down he knew she was right, between the croc and the sharp rocks that hid just beneath the waves he'd never make it, but that was his father – another side argued – he couldn't leave him to duel Pan on his own. Harry also knew Uma wasn't stopping him because she cared for him –no villain did that – but Harry was her oldest friend and loyalty was hard to come by, she was only protecting him for her own selfish interests. Then he heard Pan laughing again.

"Tick tock, tick tock. Hook's afraid of a big old croc!" he sang as he used his dagger to push Hook's sword away from him so he could get close and mock him face to face. "Good form though, old man."

Then Pan did something so cruel and so wicked that the act would put all the other villains to shame, Harry had trouble believing that the people of Auradon thought him a hero. Peter Pan kicked Hook in the chest as he back-flipped into the sky. Harry watched his father lose his balance as his feet slipped from the plank.

"NO!" Harry cried across the water as his father fell right into the open jaws of the croc. The monster's large teeth snapped shut and in one gulp his father was gone. The croc fell back into the sea and submerged vanishing from sight.  Harry dropped to his knees in shock, Uma's jaw dropped as they both looked on, stunned out of coherency by what they'd seen. Every villain and their children had stopped and looked out at the water, those who wore hats took them off and bowed their heads. Pirate's Bay had gone silent, even the waves had stopped splashing against the shore. The only sound was the flying boy's laughter. Then Harry's shock turned to anger, pure unadultered rage. He looked up at Pan who was now flying for the tear in the barrier singing "No more Hook! No more Hook!"

Harry stood and looking up at the sky shouted, "I'LL GET YE FOR THIS PAN! IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!"