Part 39

Chapter 39

*YESTERDAY*

There was a loud crash as the crowd cheered on the two men fighting in the ring. They used broken bottles, their fists, even old garbage to fight each other – after all, the establishment did say 'no rules'. Further away there were tables and chairs that rested near a bar where a man in a red shirt stood looking over that night's crowd. As he turned his head he noticed his reflection in a glass and smiled his devilishly handsome smile checking to make sure there was nothing in his teeth. He crossed his arms over his broad chest and began to hum, "Hmm-hmm Hmm-hmm-hmm-hmm, no one's slick as Gaston, Hmm-hmm Hmm-hmm-hmm-hmm Hmm-hmm-hmm as Gaston."

"G-Gaston?" came a timid voice as he felt a tug on his sleeve, he didn't so much as turn his head as he answered.

"What is it LeFou?"

"T-There's a customer who would like to speak with you in private. She's waiting in your office." He replied jabbing a finger toward the door behind the bar. Normally Gaston would ask who dared to waste his time but seeing as it was a woman, well, he had to answer when a lady asked for his presence. He made his way to the back room, scratched in the wood was the word 'private' and inside laid all Gaston's treasures. The wall was covered in antlers and heads of animals he'd slain, there were hunting trophies that had sadly rusted over the years, all above a large fireplace. There was a figure standing before the fire and when she turned Gaston smiled his usual dashing smile mainly to hide his surprise.

"I didn't think this was your kind of place Cruella." He said pulling up a couple of chairs, "Please, sit."

The former queen of the 'House of De Vil' fashion empire took a seat, her eyes narrowed as she took in Gaston trying to figure out his game – after all every great villain had one.

"It's a pleasure." He said with a bright cheeky grin.

"What is?" Cruella asked in a bored tone taking another drag from her cigarette blowing out the green smoke from between her red lips.

"Finally making your acquaintance. I don't spend much time on Maleficent's side of the Isle, it's always an honor to finally meet such a renowned villain."

"What a lovely thought. I wish I could say the same." Cruella replied with false sweetness. "Gaston, I have a business proposition for you." She continued as she took a seat and fixed her fur coat, "A chance to return to the hunt. I'm sure you're itching to get back in the game."

"Of course, however I've already slain every kind of creature on this rock –"

"Oh, the prey I have in mind I can assure you is unlike anything else you've trapped."

Gaston leaned forward in his chair leaning his elbows on his knees. "You've captured my attention, what prey are we talking about exactly?"

"I take it you've heard of Harry Hook?"

This time Gaston couldn't hide the surprise on his face then it turned to unbridled fury, "Harry Hook." He said slowly his hand clenching into a tight fist as his perfect teeth started grinding together, "My youngest son Gil is a part of that filth's pirate crew." He sneered, "He should be here with his brothers focusing on important things, like keeping my dueling ring in fighting shape and running smoothly, instead that scum Hook coerced him onto his crew and now Gil barely ever comes home to do his work!" he shouted slamming his fist on the arm of the chair breaking it clean off.

"Then you and I have a common enemy." Cruella replied coolly. "If you hate the boy so much why haven't you acted by now though?"

Gaston scoffed leaning back in his chair, "No one on the Isle is fool enough to go against Captain Hook, the man was a legend and with a bloodthirsty crew and a ship armed with cannons no one had the power to overthrow him. Though now with James dead the Hook children are divided, they barely speak to each other, targeting the boy will be easy."