Part 21

Chapter 21

Pirate Slang :  Dance the hempen jig = to hang someone

The boards of the Jolly Roger creaked beneath their feet as they crept aboard. Gil had tried to talk them out of it, he really had but they were villain kids and like everyone else they wanted to pull off some big villainous scheme that would earn them their parents pride, approval and love. They wanted Captain Hook's treasure and every time Gil tried to speak against their plan Maddy or Zevon would come up with a really good reason as to why they should continue.

"You said they always ignored you unless they were yelling at you."

"You said they think you're nothing but an idiot."

"You said they always push you around."

Gil couldn't argue with them, it was all true, but it still felt wrong being on the Jolly Roger when Harry had ordered no one set foot on it again. It felt like a betrayal. Still, he followed Maddy and Zevon as they entered the Captain's quarter's and began searching. But Gil couldn't take the overwhelming sense that he was doing something wrong –even by villain standards. So he lied to Mad Maddy and Zevon telling them he was hungry and was going out for a quick bite and left the Roger as fast as he could.

Once Gil was gone Mad Maddy couldn't help but cackle like her grandmother.

"This is the greatest scheme we've ever made Z!" she laughed as they rummaged through Captain Hook's old things.

"We get the great Captain Hook's treasure. . . " the son of Yzma chuckled.

"And the moron takes the fall!" Maddy finished still laughing.

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - - 

Camilla was heading back to the Lost Revenge after gathering a few of her things from Hell Hall. She would stop by from time to time to check in on her mother who had only gotten worse with time. She had to sneak by Cruella who had been ranting to Horace and Jasper who had become the poor souls to fall victim to her mother's latest outburst. Luckily, they had all been in the parlor and didn't hear her. A part of Camilla wished she could live at home but even if her mother was back to her usual level of insanity she would never accept the fact that her daughter had started dating – much less dating a pirate. Besides, it was only a small part of her that missed home, a much larger part was very much enjoying the pirate's life. She spent her days with Harry who's own brand of insanity made her heart beast faster in excitement, she'd even been getting along with Uma ever since she'd helped Harry out of his depression and Gil had become like a brother to her, more so than Carlos ever had.

Speaking of Gil, she realized she hadn't seen him around for quite some time. Sure he'd be in the shop every now and then to eat but she couldn't recall the last time she'd seen him actually on the Lost Revenge. Almost like fate had intervened she saw him, down across the alley pocketing food from vendors in their tents. He didn't see her and hustled away with his stolen goods. Letting curiosity get the best of her she decided to follow and was shocked when she saw him make his way onto the Jolly Roger. She knew there was no way Harry had given him permission to go on the ship so she followed determined to corner Gil and demand to know what was going on with him.

The only problem was she'd underestimated the fog. She lost Gil almost immediately once she stepped on board and fumbled through the mist. She didn't know the ship as well as Gil did, seeing as he'd known Harry longer and soon she'd stumbled right into the main mast.

"You shouldn't be here De Vil." Came a voice from behind her she knew wasn't Gil's. When she turned a figure walked out of a thick patch of fog until he was close enough to see.